Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

All that has been pointed out to him on Twitter and he tweeted a retraction.

At this point I think the dude is giving legit terrible takes to get tweet views. But he is pretty good at it.

The idea that some unconnected side hustler could learn $500K worth of advice in one dinner with Jay-Z is hilarious. Now maybe you talk him into backing your business idea and that’s worth $500k. But he isn’t saying that.

It’s PUA adjacent stuff. These people aren’t promoting financial advice like PUA weren’t promoting dating tips. It was just to shame you, the pathetic loser who is poor or not getting laid.

Well I guess he’s got me there.

Have you tried stalking someone who reminds you of your ex girlfriend?

3 Likes

@Devil I need a professional opinion. Is this kinda cool or not very interesting?

I had seen the article and passed on it but I’m just a used-to-be engineer. @MrWookie or @ChrisV (who I think was a physics grad student?) are probably better able to judge.

I’ll read it a little later.

@skydiver8 .

I was in the inferno East of San Diego today. Man that place is lousy with 4x4 pickups driving way too fast.

1 Like

Heh, no, have me confused with someone else maybe. I just have a B.Sc. in Organic Chemistry and Computer Science. Didn’t even take Physics 1.

Hmm. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry.

Really starting to worry about my memory.

a lot of them have big ol’ Trump flags flying from the back, too. Lots of no step on snek and stars and bars, as well.

Proud boy got shot today in Portland. Most people are saying he shot himself.

Worth the video just to see these fucking goobers larping so hard. Top reddit comment summed it up nicely

“Thunder!”

“Medic!”

“Secure the perimeter!”

These stupid fucking losers really do think they’re playing war.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/pi1y55/proud_boy_shot_today_in_olympia_washington/

I have an undergrad in physics. But I’m just an enthusiast at this point.

The clock studies are suggestive, in showing that time can only ever be measured imperfectly. The “big question,” said Huber, is whether the fundamental limit on the accuracy of clocks reflects a fundamental limit on the smooth flow of time itself — in other words, whether stochastic events like collisions of coffee and air molecules are what time ultimately is.

“What we’ve done is to show that even if time is a perfect, classical and smooth parameter governing time evolution of quantum systems,” Huber said, “we would only be able to track its passage” imperfectly, through stochastic, irreversible processes. This invites a question, he said: “Could it be that time is an illusion and smooth time is an emergent consequence of us trying to put events into a smooth order? It is certainly an intriguing possibility that is not easily dismissed.”

Pretty cool if time is really just a procession of discreet quantum events.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/status/1434270450960404482

Seriously this shit drives me crazy. But even em-dashes feel too severe for most cases to me.

I’m going to start writing my book like I post - with heavy use of the single dash thought connector like I just used. For when comma doesn’t feel right, but all other punctuation feels too heavy. I use single dash as kind of like a soft colon.

Maybe I can get it to catch on.

2 Likes

Just noticed one guy has a tactical…

A tactical water bottle hahaha. This video is amazing.

He even checks to make sure its holstered.

I often use em dashes for parentheticals—especially in emails.

Was it the Twilight Zone that had an episode where each moment of time was set up by a crew and then the people past through it? Tried to explain how you could look for your keys on the counter, and then find them a few moments later right where you had looked before. The crew had messed up and not placed them there in the previous moment.

I’ve never used an em dash in my life outside of a formal writing context.

https://twitter.com/chellzyeah/status/1434360473722499072

https://twitter.com/Beanshit72/status/1434373845520162817

22 Likes