I don’t leave the house with a muay thai steel cup

The safe word is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

1 Like

#microbet say hello to my cornerman. In the yellow shirt and glasses

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PermianLandman/status/1432187493726756869

For the lulz

1 Like

Another couple second head start and they might have cleared it. So dumb that the semi waits for the guy in the lead truck to jump back in. Just floor that thing the second you know the train is coming. Well I guess the truck was right in the way.

Another angle

https://twitter.com/Iron_Spike/status/1432554115721216002

Sounds like a NewTeabag origin story.

Anyone know how to get rid of vertigo?

Ask your doctor for a drug called meclizine, also known as antivert.

I have that and so far it’s not working. Went to emergency room and got checked out, no sign of stroke or anything cardiovascular. Cat scan normal. Blood work all good. But I cannot shake it. It’s been four days now and I’m about to go insane

@DrJenniferMelfi

Dunno if it was Vertigo, but my late step-FIL was dizzy for a long time, like months. He tried at least one medication and no luck. Then they did that thing where they moved his head around in the right way and the dizziness disappeared.

1 Like

My wife leaned over the edge of the couch upside down to look over something during lockdown last year. Got all dizzy. They teledoc sent her some roll your head exercises that worked.

1 Like

That sounds exactly like vertigo. Like surf posted, there are calcium crystals which I guess can break away and float around inside our inner ears which can throw our equilibriums way off. Usually it doesn’t last but a few seconds to a few minutes they tell me, but it can last longer in extreme cases. It’s been with me for days. It feels like I just finished a 12 pack of Heineken.

Meclizine doesn’t really work. If it’s truly peripheral vertigo you need to do an Epley Maneuver. A CT scan doesn’t really rule out stroke either, but I don’t get an MRI on every one who has classic peripheral vertigo symptoms.

1 Like

I had the extreme version off and on for a couple years, it is brutal. The ENT said it’s usually just a brief wave of dizziness but for me it lasted for days, room spinning, shuffling around stumbling into walls. Made me nauseous all the time. I tried multiple medications and i don’t think any did much to help. Once I got stuck at work with it and had to get picked up, didn’t trust myself to drive.

The doctor did some head movement stuff at the clinic and gave me a set of exercises to do at home 2-3 times a day. I did them for a few weeks, eventually the spells become more spread out and I haven’t had any really bad ones for a couple years, still get shorter waves of dizziness but nothing like it was at its worst.

1 Like

That Epley maneuver has a very interesting history. When he came up with it, just about all other docs thought he was some ivermectin-for-COVID level quack (or even worse really).

I’ve heard more than once a lot of people call the doc who Howard Stern swears cured his back problems he suffered with for years a total quack :man_shrugging:

Depends on the cause but this can work.

I tend to get intense dizzy spells a few days after flying long haul. For me, it’s likely related to how my ears respond to changes in air pressure.

EDIT: lol didn’t read responses

I don’t know that whole story, unless this guy developed some novel technique that literally no one else does, has demonstrated success in numerous cases, and ultimately has that technique widely adopted and named after him, I doubt this is an apt comparison.

I dunno, he was pretty famous and treated a bunch of celebs

Main article: Tension myositis syndrome

Sarno’s most notable achievement is the development, diagnosis, and treatment of tension myoneural syndrome (TMS), which is currently not accepted by mainstream medicine.[11][12] According to Sarno, TMS is a psychosomatic illness causing chronic back, neck, and limb pain which is not relieved by standard medical treatments. He includes other ailments, such as gastrointestinal problems, dermatological disorders and repetitive-strain injuries as TMS related. Sarno states that he has successfully treated over ten thousand patients at the Rusk Institute by educating them on his beliefs of a psychological and emotional basis to their pain and symptoms.[13] Sarno’s theory is, in part, that the pain or GI symptoms are an unconscious “distraction” to aid in the repression of deep unconscious emotional issues. Sarno believes that when patients think about what may be upsetting them in their unconscious, they can defeat their minds’ strategy to repress these powerful emotions; when the symptoms are seen for what they are, the symptoms then serve no purpose, and they go away.