Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

Red Dot specials!

That was some serious domination in the 200fly. Winning by 2.5 seconds seems absurd.

Criminal justice is results-oriented on purpose.

Loeb is being roasted on Twitter and elsewhere for being an egomaniacal dick. He’s also a tenured Harvard prof, though maybe that’s redundant. Anyway most seem to think this project is a waste of money, time, and talent.

There should be no crime of attempted murder. It should just be murder. Incompetence should not get you a lesser charge.

You think we’re catching a lot of competent crims these days?

Can’t even catch the incompetent ones.

Right, like, do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted Chemistry?

I assume this is mostly the job lose associated with a medical condition and not the medical bills.

I’m not sure. There are a lot of indirect medical bills if you get very sick, even in Canada. The hospital won’t send you an invoice for $1 million or anything like that, but people with serious medical conditions often require visits from personal care workers and/or physical therapists, buying additional stuff like mobility equipment, even home renovations in some cases. A serious illness can force you to change your whole lifestyle which can incur a lot of cost.

1 Like

I paid shitloads of money for insulin, etc when I played poker. Prescriptions will get ya in Canada.

Jesus fuck, flying officially sucks again.

I flew almost 1 year ago, and this was the terminal in Cincinnati when I flew home:

This is San Diego at my gate now:

Took me an hour to get here.

There was just an announcement recommending social distancing. :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, I agreed to travel for work for the first time in a year and a half next week. Great timing with cases spiking despite the general sentiment that the pandemic is over.

Yeah this trip has been planned for over a year. Figured it would be like this.

It’s fucking Wednesday.

Was at the Atlanta airport on Saturday and about 80% of the food places were closed. Is it like that everywhere?

I stood in line for 45 minutes at LOL McDonald’s.

Man I remember how creepy Prague Airport was around December. Only a dozen flights departed the day I left for America.

Only difference between airports now and pre-COVID is the mask-wearing.

I feel a major marital conflict coming on air travel. My wife is totally burnt out and desperately needs a vacation, but I have been pushing back pretty hard. Air travel was border line intolerable before Covid, I just can’t imagine willingly subjecting myself to it now knowing its going to be even worse.

Yes. No shake shack or auntie Anne’s open at MSP where I frequently go through. Pretzel dog is my quick airport go to for a snack size meal.

Let her go by herself?