Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

You’ve lost the plot. Completely.

1 Like

I might be willing to compromise with an incrementalist claim that not all Mexicans are rapists, just most of them.

Sure but they’re not as bad as Albertans AMIRITE.

Oh that’s Barry. I had a beer with him the other day.

2 Likes

Former HUD Secretary thinks the average home price in Brooklyn is $100,000. He went to Dalton, Harvard and Harvard, btw.

https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/1392094869716406273?s=21

I’m not surprised at the ignorance but this does raise the question of where this person is living and who is paying for it. Like if you have a home that you paid for yourself you’d have to know that the price is way higher than that.

Other possibility here is someone at one point showed him the average annual earnings required to afford rent in Brooklyn and hes got that number all mixed up in his head with home prices

it’s a banana, what could it cost, $0.001?

2 Likes

He lives here in Brooklyn:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/139-Bond-St-Brooklyn-NY-11217/30566998_zpid/

According to this:

He must have thought he was awesome living in a place that costs over twenty times the median sale price of a house in Brooklyn and is humbled to find out it’s not even 2.5x.

EDIT: hahahahahaha, from Zillow

3 Likes

Its probably worth $3 million + now, though!

He should trade it for 30 apartments in Brooklyn.

560 sq. feet wtf.

I like how the windows are depicted as bars in a prison cell.

That’s the size of the lot, so livable square footage across the levels seems like around 1,500 or so square feet. I don’t know, it’s all so completely foreign to a guy in Ohio that paid like $130 per square foot for his house.

“It was so completely unique — nothing else like it,” Crow [the agent who sold it] said.

Street level master, what a peasant

Y’all need to stop hating. That’s a well done conversion of what looks like was probably a small fire station at one point. It maximizes all the space in a small volume while keeping an open feel with a lot of light and distinct spaces. It’s also plenty of room for 1 or 2 people to live comfortably.

Given the neighborhood and dimensions, likely a converted stable.

1 Like

Yeah my condo in Toronto for 2 of us plus a dog was 1,200 square feet and it was pretty luxurious (in terms of room). I think what’s throwing people on this Brooklyn property is that it is listed as the square footage of the lot which is sub 600ft.

Ok that makes a ton more sense.