Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

12:35 is the relevant part, but it’s all good.

1 Like

I thought of W.

Yeah I’ve seen that and it’s a very informative video. I mostly agree with everything in the video.

Really just cannot imagine thinking the fact that a $15 average wage would require chipotle to increase prices 4% supports not increasing the wages. Also arguing that the entire cost of the increase is pushed to consumers so it’s bad? Wtf

But then of course she says she gets both black and pinto beans, so we know she’s never actually been to chipotle, so lol us.

No, European civil servants drawing lines on maps that divided tribes was a huge problem but Africa’s biggest problem was the Europeans themselves and their legacy of theft and misplaced investment.

10 Likes

She should forego the avocado on her chipotle bowl. Fucking millenials, right? Always blaming their money problems on somebody else.

What’s a staycation?

• A holiday in your own home?

• A holiday in your own country?

Final answer:

5 Likes

********* Tory papers again lol spreading disinfo :rofl:

https://mobile.twitter.com/YouGov/status/1405190637473968132

There should be an additional question asking if they have ever heard the term before. If you haven’t then excluding staying in your own home in the context of a vacation and picking the other choice instead might make sense.

1 Like

I still remember staycations from my childhood but we still called it by its original name “being poor”.

15 Likes

Most people in the UK will have had holidays as a kid here with the family so they should know better, lol.

Nah, a “staycation” is a vacation in your own city. Much cheaper, basically no travel time, still feels sort of like a vacation.

For example people in Phoenix will often book a weekend at a fancy Scottsdale resort/spa. I think some even offer “staycation” deals where Arizona residents are given a discount.

7 Likes

6 Likes

To me, “staycation” requires that you sleep in your own bed.

You can do some activities an hour or two away, but you’re coming back to your own home/apt at the end of the night.

Generally speaking my everyday life is way better than what happens when I go on vacation.

With kids under the age of 10, vacation is absolutely not fun at all.

Depends on how many there are. We only have the one, and it’s generally fun. Especially getting to experience things through my daughter’s eyes.

2 Likes

Just do a couple of rounds of tequila shots with them to take the edge off.

4 Likes

My wife and I took a week off of work for a staycation that started on March 16th last year, what a waste of PTO.

7 Likes