Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

I already quoted the comment I’m talking about:

The closest thing I saw to a complaint about makeup is telling one she looks better with the fake eyelashes. It didn’t seem like he threatened to leave if she didn’t, though he said he did stop coming.

I totally get you guys are probably right about this stuff, it just sucks for me.

Should have taken your own advice of the last sentence imo.

There is some wisdom in this. It is frustrating, despite my intellectual understanding that I do not deserve friendship.

Exactly right. I know it makes you sad. It makes me sad that I can’t punch the player in seat 1 for his terrible breath when I’m in the dealer box, but such is life.

2 Likes

You’re also a poker player. When you or I describe someone as fishing, that pretty obviously implies a bit of contempt for the target of the fishing, and that the target is basically a sucker.

1 Like

You should understand that not every post is super serious.

2 Likes

I made a thing.

Mid-century is so played out. You need some Glasgow Art Nouveau in your life.

4 Likes

We know you’re a decent person because your frustrations haven’t turned you into an incel ball of rage.

If you want friendship, I’m willing to meet with you the next time I pass through Hammond, if you still go there. I used to make a trip there for WSOP circuit events and I’ve logged 30-40 hours of PLO cash there every year. It’s possible we’ve played together. I might pass by even without tournaments.

We’re your friends!

As your friend, I feel it is my responsibility to post this and give you mild shit about it, even though it was last week :wink:

https://twitter.com/fccincinnati/status/1408137851062030337?s=20

:rage:

1 Like

It’s definitely 18 in a lot of states.

I actually agree with this mostly. It has always seemed gross to me to comment on a non-partner woman’s physical appearance. It’s even worse than that though. If they’re magazine hot, they’ve heard that shit every single day of their life. If they aren’t, they still hear it and might suspect you’re up to no good. There’s also something pathetic about the lack of creativity and boxing yourself in with all of the other try-hards.

This isn’t right though. How are other guys making it happen in your opinion?

Being a dickbag works once in a while, it’s just outweighed by the harm it does to the vast majority of women it doesn’t work on. Also, some guys are naturally charming enough to get attention without putting effort into flirting.

Oh well maybe try LA or South Beach.

What? The coolest ladies I’ve met are in CO and Montana, and on music tours with jam bands but they are hairy hippie chicks. I’m not sure if I worded that wrong but I want a smart hip girl I can get along with but is also not vapid, or like a Trumper. CO has a lot of what I’m looking for. LA or SB sounds like coke whores.

Well assuming we aren’t talking about Patrick Bateman or Tom Brady–and most people aren’t them–how do you imagine a successful version of this shit goes down?

Sweet merciful Jesus. It’s dropped like 20 degrees F in the last hour, 76 now. Heat is escaping out of every orifice of my home. I’m going to be able to sleep tonight!

7 Likes

That looks…so un-art-nouveau to me, and I love art nouveau. Straight lines, right angles? WTF? Is Glasgow’s version just super different from continental Europe’s?

This is more of what art nouveau means to me:

1 Like

It’s a Charles Rennie Mackintosh piece. He was part of the Glasgow School.

His wife was also a major player (as was her sister and her husband). The picture on my profile page is her work. I had the privilege to see it in person a couple years back.

1 Like