Why won't anyone work?

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1404554733239607298?s=19

Woman?

Worker.

Minimum wage cashier charged with enforcing the store’s policy.

1 Like

Yep,

And if those absentee grocery store owners start fucking with their stores like this again, they should be prepared to use them.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Off hand I can think of two people I know/knew who got shot. One was defending a store. (In the LA riots, I think it was his uncle’s store.) The other was my grandpa, who was shot during WWII.

eta: A friend got shot by a ricochet - very minor injury.

There are other causalities than dying. The absentee owners of factories will put working folk in harms way too.

Sadly, often times I got a job as part of the aftermath of a maiming or death on the factory floor. Once we were hired to do a safety inspection of the machines surrounding the machine in question. We found several where the safety equip was installed, and so appeared to be working, but in fact had been jumped out, and didn’t do anything.

The machine in question took, IIRC, eat two thumbs and three other fingers.

We also figured our why and how this happened and such. It involved one F500 company selling the factory to another F500 company, and increasing the productivity of the line to increase the sales price.

@microbet , personally, I’m sure has driven by this factory. I’ll make a trivia Q out of it. In the movie the Falcon and the Snowman, they were playing the board game Risk at some point. This factory with the main-machines is directly across the street.

I never saw it. Googled a bit and didn’t find anything definitive. If it’s the TRW facility in Redondo Beach I lived about 6 blocks from there for about 4 years, so I drove by it a lot.

(Now it’s Lockheed-Martin or something. The neighborhood I lived in was called the TRW Tract.)

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

1 Like

One of my two most heroic acts ever took place at that TRW facility. A friend and I stopped 3 people from beating and mugging someone.

Wtf

You have a very young granddad… mine was shot in WW1.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem that young, but my dad was 24 when I was born and I think his dad was 25 when he was born.

Well IIRC there were over a dozen of there bobby traps out there. So am I drawing live to have stopped more of that kinda shit than you? Because that’s what the absentee facorty owners are doing, is it not?

Factory work is more dangerous than the neighborhood that surrounds it.

In case this it isn;'t obvious, a machine where the operator believes the safety equipment will work, when in fact it is jumped, is the nut low. It’s orders of magnitude more dangerous than not having the safety equipment at all.

More that mine were the opposite, older. And I never got a chance as an adult to ask him about WW1 which is a real shame. He died when I was still a young teenager. Would have been a teenager himself when he was shot.

The word teenager is odd. It doesn’t seem right using it to describe people from pre WW2 generations.

I’m sure. Although at the house next door to us someone hit someone else with an axe.

My grandpa never spoke of WWII. I didn’t know he got shot until my dad told me after he died when I was about 15. And I was very close to him. I don’t think it was one of those trauma of war things, but it could have been. He wasn’t really in combat. I think he was hit by a sniper in Hawaii, which was something that happened. Or it might have been in a bar fight or something like that.

I wonder why they kept it from you. Maybe there were health implications from it.

Mine was my mums dad, not my dads dad who died young and I never met, thankfully as he sounded fucking horrible, unlike my dad.

I loved my grandad even though later on I found out he had some terrible attitudes that were typical of the time I guess.

One nice thing about him was when I got my first calculator he told me I didn’t need something like that (lol) and we had a jokey argument about it, and he said he’d prove it by multiplying two three digit numbers in his head faster than I could get it from the calculator, which he succeeded at each time.

1 Like

He was shot in the leg. No health implications. No one talking about it is what makes me wonder if it was a bar fight or - I shouldn’t even say this…over a woman (sorry grandma)…or something like that.

He was a fighter. Fought professionally. So, that’s why maybe a bar fight. (Super nice guy though, so maybe not, but I didn’t know him when he was young obviously)

He was a pro boxer? Does stim know this? Lol

His older brother was supposedly the bare knuckles boxing champ of Denver. My mom’s family is wimpy though.

I wasn’t there at the time, but one of my friends got shot by a druggie in his own house.

They were both druggies, and tweeked, and as happens, decided to play with their guns. It was an accident. But shots fired in the middle of town, a cop is going to stop by. So they had to hide all their druggy stuff real quick. Which was a lot, as they were both in the business, and were getting high off their own supply. Anyways, they told the cops the truth… they were playing with their guns and it was an accident. They were white folk. End of story.

Though it occurs to me that I did know him when he was younger than I am presently.