Why do we need mega-threads?

If you want to read all posts, a megathread is probably slightly better since you don’t have to switch threads as often.

But I think most people reach a point where they are absent for a while and have to skip a bunch of stuff. In that case smaller threads is better, since they can choose to not skip certain topics. For example, if I’m gone for a week and want to catch up on impeachment news, I can skip to the end of the megaTrump thread but read all the posts in the impeachment thread. If impeachment is rolled into the Trump thread, then it’s all or nothing.

So I guess we should coordinate with @goofyballer to start a new thread when he’s available to move Trumpbot? It doesn’t seem super urgent right now but I’d rather not wait until something major breaks. We’re obviously going to go way way way over that 10k limit otherwise.

See oreo’s post above. Apparently we risk more bugs and god knows what else with threads > 10k posts. So if we want to avoid that we’d need to start a new Trump thread every couple months, which really isn’t a big deal but it’d be nice to schedule it around your availability for maximum Trumpbot continuity.