Who will run in 2020?

No, I don’t mean emails. Didn’t you basically say that it was a great strategy for him to get in a Twitter fight with AOC? Don’t you think he’s working to parlay that into fundraising? And even if he doesn’t use Bernie’s name, he doesn’t need to. I mean, his whole surge came from attacking Warren from the right. Just because he didn’t use her name in an email doesn’t mean he didn’t essentially do the same thing. I guess I don’t understand why the fainting couches come out for names in emails. Seems like a sudden invented unwritten rule being called from a campaign that has no problem attacking other campaigns all over the place.

3 Likes

Fair enough, looking forward to the Beto for dog catcher donation emails that attack Sanders for not being in favor of gun confiscation.

2 Likes

The thing is, he didn’t mention AOC at all…SHE’S the one who went on the attack. The ad was tweeted by a local Iowa journalist. AOC RTed it and then it blew up.

I never said it was his strategy…the gist of it is, “all publicity is good publicity.” If you think I meant that Pete and his team sat around and said, “oooh, let’s pick a fight with AOC” then you misinterpreted everything I said.

All,

I realize I’m as much to blame as others but let’s just stop with the Pete talk. I think it’s well understood no one other than sky likes him here. I would encourage more posts like mine above outlining the candidates I like and why. Let’s spend more time promoting the candidates we like than focusing on the candidates we hate. Focusing on the candidate we hated was a legitimate part of what got Trump elected. We’re focusing the conversation here on the bad rather than the good.

Liz and Bernie are legitimately the two best candidates we’ve ever had the opportunity to vote for in a Dem primary. Booker in any other non-Obama primary of the past 40 years would have been viewed as an incredible talent. I’m going to do my part to focus more positively going forward. I would encourage everyone else to do the same.

13 Likes

Also, AOC is the shining star of the Democratic Party. I cannot wait to support her for President, hopefully in 2028. In a political world that appears very dark at times, she is someone who gives me hope that we can be better. She is the best representative of my generation and I hope that she inspires more people to follow in her footsteps every day.

17 Likes

3 Likes

OK, maybe I misunderstood you. This is what I was talking about:

Looking at it now, I guess you’re giving AOC social media advice, and telling her she should have ignored it, because it just gave Pete a bunch of helium or something? I admit, you’re beyond me, so I’ll drop it.

But I have to say it sure does seem like you do a whole lot of picking and choosing of when to apply certain principles.

ETA sorry for my contributions to the dumpster fire. I’m stepping away from it now! :

2 Likes

I like Pete a lot, but I’m still Warren > Bernie (although one or the other needs to man or woman up and take a hike) and then Pete. I don’t see how he’s not ~easily more progressive than Biden, Klob, Booker, Castro etc…

2 Likes

Also, today is a monthly donation deadline. Want to start doing something beyond posting on here? Go make a donation to the candidate(s) you like. I made a small donation to each of my preferred candidates today. Even if it’s only $1 it helps.

Agree about Klob and Biden, but not sure that’s true about Booker and Castro.

Booker scores pretty highly here.

and the biggest problem with Mayor Pete - not just very little experience, he has very little record. We’re supposed to just judge him based on the white papers or whatever that are forthcoming? I want to know his record on immigration, not read a paper that he may believe or may think puts him in the best position in the election.

And that’s why we KNOW Biden sucks. He has a record.

1 Like

Booker and Castro are both on the record as supporting pushing for single payer healthcare, decriminalizing the border, a green new deal, and eliminating the electoral college. Their progressive bona fides really shouldn’t be in question. They’re not Liz or Bernie, but are both further left within the Democratic Party than you seem to believe.

1 Like

What now? Castro is an Obama bro and Booker is like a pharma bro?

I mean they’re not perfect, but if you look at their records and the policies they are pushing they are among the most progressive candidates in the field. Check out the link micro posted for example.

I would say both have at least made attempts to atone for the things that make you believe they’re not progressive.

Worth noting Booker and Castro are both on the short list of Dem primary candidates who have sworn off all donations from super PACS, corporate PACS, federal lobbyists and the fossil fuel industry along with Liz.

1 Like

Focus more on the candidate(s) you like is the best advice I can give. Go make a donation today if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Awesome :clap: I made small donations to Liz, Bernie, Yang, and Booker today. Would have donated to Castro too but I think he’s done. I plan to continue to do so monthly for those who remain viable unless a clear front runner emerges. Will be looking to do more as we get into the month leading up to the Iowa Caucuses.

russian bots hard at work ldo

2 Likes

:+1:

The root cause is corruption. The problem is only insurance companies on the surface. You know, on the shallowest level.

I cited a WaPo article which sourced “27 advisers, experts and others familiar with the campaign’s deliberations” that had concerns about a significant voting block. It’s not important to be moderate to appease billionaires, it’s important to be moderate because outside of this board, most Democratic voters are moderate. Also what if I told you that there are policies that moderates popularly support but billionaires do not? Warren has done best hammering those issues. Whatever your opinion though, ignoring the concerns of such a large part of the population isn’t democratic (small d). I’m guessing you believe that the value of small d democracy is another centrist talking point instilled in Americans to maintain a system that favors the ruling class though because that’s another common shallow view of political systems.

1 Like

Worth a read. I agree it’s a red flag, but I also think he has taken a lot of actions to show he is on the side of healthcare and pharma reform.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/424993-booker-tries-to-shake-doubts-about-pharmaceutical-ties-ahead-of-2020

The post you quoted was a dunk. Wait, do you think that just because you were a participant in a dunking means you get credit for the dunk? That’s not how basketball works. That’s not how any of this works.