Who will run in 2020?

Seems like the knight’s best move is to fork the rook and pawn, or else to just block the pawn. Though I’m not sure which direction the pawn is moving.

Same and Nate uses their polling in his average which now has me questioning Nate

2020 Democrats are using legalised weed to lure young American voters at which point they will… capture them? What does capturing represent here and how is it worse than the alternatives of staying home or voting GOP?

1 Like

Because tbh luring people with promises of things they want and thus “capturing” their vote seems like standard politics, executed successfully.

I’d love to capture them lol. Honestly though the young vote is already solidly in the Democrats pocket and the GOP have no one to blame for that but themselves. You’re right that it’s a terrible chess meme lol. Thanks for making me think too hard about it :upside_down_face:

Please refer all ideologically confusing memes to the proper thread

3 Likes

Knight x pawn,
Rook x knight

Two more confusing chess analogies:

Warren is the queen, Sanders is the King. The Queen can achieve more on the board but there wouldn’t even be a game without the king.

1.e2-e4 / TulsiGabbard e7-e5
2.Nf3 / Nf6

1 Like

The best one was :

Historic precedent has always been that to begin an impeachment inquiry the House
of representatives has always held a vote. Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats are now
breaking with precedent to conduct a purely partisan impeachment. In your opinion
do you think that unless Speaker Pelosi and the Democrats hold a vote, the President
is right NOT to cooperate with this inquiry?

:thinking: I super duper wonder what would happen if there was a vote in the House to begin impeachment inquiry. High drama on where those votes would fall imo.

That’s not my strategy you clown. But your strategy is appeal to Cactus, so we can lose the war right now for the rest of all our lives.

This chart is amazing, so much to digest

I am confused. Is the idea that 2020 Democrats are pushing legalized weed to the queening square to be promoted, so they’re basically doing the good thing? If so, why are young American voters trying to prevent that? Do they think 2020 Democrats are going to under promote legal weed to a knight and are trying to stop that?

Or if capturing is the good thing then if knight takes pawn and rook takes knight, that means young american voters get legal weed and 2020 Democrats get the young vote, so this is actually a message for 2020 dems to add legal weed to their platform so they can capture young voters?

If it is white to move then he can queen pawn by driving away the knight from any blockading square, then this meme is just an expression of the futility of young people voting because they can’t even capture a piece in this position?

Anyway, shouldn’t it be more something like:

3 Likes

Chessmate

Back to poker it is, lads. As you were.

14 Likes

I think the reality is establishment democrats are never going to work to legalize weed, so the idea is that it’s just bait.

2 Likes

Ok I like that, but then we need some more black pieces there so that if the knight doesn’t capture the pawn to get its weed, white’s threat is to fork black’s king with check, winning the black queen which is Bernie’s donor list or something.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AveriHarper/status/1187788219766792197

6th debate requirements revealed

Under the new criteria, former Vice President Joe Biden, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders have each already met the polling threshold for the December debate based on polls released since October 16.

California Sen. Kamala Harris and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg are both one poll away: Each have three polls that meet the four-poll threshold and one that meets the early state polling threshold.

Businessman Tom Steyer has two polls that meet the four-poll threshold and none that meet the early state threshold.

No other candidate has any polls that meet either threshold.

Looks like this next debate will be the last for many more candidates

Just realized CNN didn’t mention Yang at all again. There’s no way he doesn’t have a SINGLE qualifying poll right?

for december he has 0 qualifying polls, he never got to 4 in a national one, nor 5 in a state one much less 6.

(take that back, he actually did once to 4, don’t think it counted though as dems only count some pollsters (since many are terrible))

amy has a chance b/c lol iowa but everyone else who isn’t one of the top 5 is a decent dog to get in.

well maybe steyer because south carolina. Groan if he gets there with the top 5 and auto boosts to 6th as a result.

1 Like