Which themes do you use?

Please let us know which theme(s) you use so we can spend time working on those and maybe get rid of some that aren’t used much.

Optional essay portion: Tell us which specific features you like in the ones you use.

• Simple Light (default)
  • Dark Colors
  • Mobile Dark
  • Mobile Light
  • Mobile Grey
  • Wide Screen
  • Wide Screen Alternate Background
  • Alternate Backgrounds
  • zz Light
  • zz Neutral
  • zz Grey
  • zz Alternate Background

0 voters

zzGrey - It’s nice, but I haven’t looked at many others. I really like screens that are not too bright, but also not too much contrast. Super-dark backgrounds usually end up having too much.

wide screen and whatever the not logged in phone (android/chrome) default is

I didn’t know there were themes.

I use the hell out of unread posts. That’s my default view and I groom it so I won’t get as distracted by mega threads like Trump.

2 Likes

They’re in the hamburger menu, top right.

Assuming it’s the one w the asterisk, zz Alternate Background. I’ll confess preemtively to being annoyed if it becomes no longer is available. Mobile user almost exclusively btw.

1 Like

I have choice fatigue. I’ll stick with the default. It pleases me.

“Not life or death” he says. Anyone who uses light themes is obv a Trump voter.

1 Like

I’m a creature of habit and like the color blue so: default for life. (Or as long as default stays default.)

I use dark colors and I believe wide screen but it’s hard to tell on mobile. 99% of my reading is done on my phone

Try the alternate backgrounds of zzGrey. It’s easier to read.

I use zzNeutral on desktop because it blends in with my Microsoft Office themes better when I want to pretend that I’m working (the grays are almost identical!)
-also FWIW, when browsing on desktop my browser window is usually less-than-full-size (I like making it the exact size of my Outlook reading pane so any wandering eyes think I’m just reading emails… yes I’ve put too much thought into this)

zzAlternate Background on mobile because it’s dark but also simple, no hard-to-read color-on-color combos, and the alternating backgrounds makes it just a bit easier to differentiate between posts

People who browse on desktop but don’t use the Wide Screen themes are weirdos.

I had no idea that existed. I only see one, is there more than one (just saw the other)? Not crazy about the blue parts, but definitely like the wide screen better.

Gregorio, is it possible to make one like the zzAlternate for wide screen?

There is an wide screen alternating colors one, where successive posts go from light gray to dark gray

Excellent. Whenever you get to it just let me know, thanks.

I have been using zz light but have been intending to switch so if I am only one using it can let it go.

How deer ewe!

It works, thanks!

Wide screen grey is strong.

Heading back to default now.