Whelp... Somebody just assassinated Iran’s top Nuclear Scientist

Still drawing pretty live to war with Iran in Trump’s last 50 days.

Yeah wonder who it could’ve been

https://twitter.com/barakravid/status/1330774237322375168?s=21

1 Like

My bad

3 Likes

Thanks avwal

2 Likes

Seems bad!

I doubt this changes the overall status quo, but you never know!

Iran retaliates ONE TIME

Just the other day Trump put special forces under the control of some flunky and outside of the usual chain of command.

“I am here today to announce that I have directed the Special Operations civilian leadership to report directly to me, instead of through the current bureaucratic channels,” Miller said

Biden condemning this, even in a vague and equivocal way, would be a nice move to see. I guess it’s possible for him to comment?

1 Like

Since he’s getting intelligence briefings now he probably knows what America’s involvement in it was, so that puts him in a really tough spot to comment on it in any way IMO.

I assume there’s some bullshit precedent that the incoming president isn’t supposed to comment on stuff like this.

The idea of going to war with Iran is so staggeringly stupid it causes me actual physical pain to contemplate it.

If the Iranians don’t retaliate here we should pull all the sanctions and become allies with them instead of the Israeli’s and the Saudi’s. Just straight up flip sides.

Imagine thinking that Israel or Saudi Arabia were our allies after the last 20 years lol.

You want a war in the middle east that I’d just shrug at? Us vs Saudi Arabia using Iranian ground troops. The House of Saud and their corrupt deal with extremist clerics to keep the population repressed has been in the immediate vicinity of every bad outcome we’ve had in the Middle East including 9/11. Plus now that we’re a major oil producer bombing the Saudi oil fields is good for us domestically. No rebuilding and no taking responsibility for anything on the ground. This is about punishing people for being assholes. Ideally limit the damage to their oil assets as much as possible. Call it the carbon war.

As for Israel… yeah maybe don’t angle shoot every opportunity you get and make us complicit in nasty stuff. Elections have consequences.

2 Likes

And yet.

Am I recalling correctly that in 2016, Trump began receiving intelligence briefings once it was him vs HRC, but he continued lying in order to blame Dems for stuff it became super obvious he’d been informed and lied about during the campaign?

I guess lying is no longer the appropriate term since Trump appears to genuinely believe the most absurd conspiracy theories that cross his desk. You’d have to be stupid to think this stuff is legit.

I don’t see why he can’t say a standard ‘whoever did this for whatever reason, it’s a dangerous provocation.’ And then just ignore any questions about of it featured on the briefing and when.

I saw just now that Hillary Clinton as SoS condemned a similar assassination in 2012. If the US had involvement there she’d have known, but that time she straight up denied it.

Countdown to “we are at war, FDR stayed on. There is president for me to as well”.

Spelling error intentional.

5 Likes

Rudy tried the same thing after 9/11, so perhaps he’s advising Trump on this.

1 Like

I lean towards the idea that this is a good idea in general.

Your compatriots won’t appreciate the hike in petrol prices and loss of GDP through reduced arms sales to SA.

US arms sales are about 50 billion per year. So while large, arent going to scratch GDP.

And oil prices wont go up unless saudi stop producing at all. Its a commoditized/cartelised market.

1 Like

Arms sales really is a trivially small business. It’s not really about making money it’s about US foreign policy. We give people we like increasingly sophisticated weapons as a reward for being our friends. This is less about arms sales than it is about the insane toxicity of being deeply complicit in the hideously evil activities of… Texas’s single largest competitor in the oil business.

There isn’t a single thing that makes sense about our relationship with Saudi Arabia.

I am genuinely afraid that the psychopath 70M+ people voted for a few short weeks ago has sold the Saudi’s something that will enable them to fuck us over even harder somehow. One of the Trump relationships that scares me the absolute most is his ‘friendship’ with MBS.