What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

I think with the last hand where she had 44, if you’re cbetting with AK on that flop you should continue betting on the turn to try and get her to fold most of the smaller pairs she will call with. I might call on the river but not sure. Either way thanks for sharing, even the misplayed hands

2 Likes

I think that squeezing out a little bit more EV while increasing the variance a ton makes the mental game a lot harder. I don’t play my A game every day and having a solid default strategy that I can play on auto-pilot helps. At this point, my game has evolved towards establishing a tight image, then exploiting that image. Or just simply nitting it up and letting them give me chips if they don’t pay attention to how I’m playing.

I start out with a tight passive default strategy and loosen up and get more aggressive based on my opponents, how well I think I am playing, and game flow. I don’t start off a session by splashing around chips and trying to force the action. That’s just unnatural for me. I don’t think it works to try to be something I’m not. I think I come across as very controlled and measured. Everything I do has a purpose. I don’t click buttons. I don’t bet because I don’t know what else to do. Every aggressive action I take has a reason.

1 Like

Why do you want villain to fold small pairs?

Haha typing too fast and a lil drunk, meant to say fold out suited connectors with back door draws that she might call on flop like JT, QJ and those kind of hands or with and get value from pairs she might call with and K spade draws (didn’t see if he had K of spades). But I’m this case if she calls with 44 doesn’t matter. But the way played it doesn’t look like AK

1 Like

If your opponent will not put another dime in the pot with 44 without binking a 4 on the river, you should prefer they fold 44 on the turn and forfeit their implied odds against you, but if they will either bluff-catch or turn their hand with showdown value into a bluff, then you would be fine letting them see the river for free.

But you can never know that. You want your opponents drawing to 5% equity.

You still want them to forfeit their equity instead of giving them a free card if they only give action if they hit a card that beats you, especially if you have to pay them off if it comes.

You can slowplay if they have cards that will give them a second-best hand. You shouldn’t if all their outs beat you and they won’t give action unless they hit.

Agree. As I said earlier I think slow playing is way too common. The vast majority of slow play lines are better as betting lines. Slow playing at low stakes should be pretty rare.

Slowplaying has a place in these games. Most people choose the wrong hands and board textures to slowplay. I slowplay often enough to get more respect for my delayed cbets.

Basic life skills i wish i had but i don’t #8742 - packing.

1 Like

First disappointment of the trip. I ducked in to south point hoping for a quick gorge at the lunch buffet and the line was insane. No buffets for me this year it would seem.

Get ready for long lines for literally everything.

Yeah the town was as crowded as I’ve ever seen it over dozens of trips. Lines for absolutely everything.

I warned you in post #800. I stayed there for nearly a week and never even bothered to attempt the buffet. And lost my ass at pai gow there. Aside from that I had a good time.

1 Like

What happened to the TR? You disappeared 3 days ago i assumed you died

Honestly my friends all got there and I made a valiant effort to live in the moment and barely checked my phone for 3 days. Which in turn led to not as many pictures being taken.

8 Likes

I cannot unheart a post so i gave you one and took it away to show my displeasure

9 Likes

This is true, forum change or something means that users can no longer unheart posts, weird. Try it on my post here.

Check in for palazzo indeed packed.

1 Like

Nothing tilts me as bad as the Vegas check in line. Hire more people or streamline the process.

2 Likes