What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

I enjoy walking the Strip, although I’ve only been there in the winter :sunglasses:

1 Like

[quote=“CanadaMatt3004, post:1228, topic:662, full:true”] middle of nowhere with no ability to contact anyone, no cell service, and possible abduction by hill people.
[/quote]

This is how I felt driving from Moab to the Grand Canyon, miles of empty desert with the random shack off in the distance

Don’t forget 115 degrees.

If you’re going off-times the 15 should be fine. But Friday nights or Sunday/Monday on a holiday weekend are a nightmare.

Also rural Nevada is a gigantic speed trap. Do not go more than 5 mph over. They do stuff like make you slow down to 25 for a town, then put signs that say 35, 45 and 55 in short succession on a straightaway out of town. But if you speed up before you actually hit the sign, they nail you. It’s a mindfuck because your brain skips right to the last sign. They got me. Still pissed.

But if you have a dependable enough car it’s a lot more scenic. Death Valley and Panamint Valley is amazing. You could go through Yosemite and the Tioga pass. So many cool options. I-395 on the Eastern side of the Sierra is a wonderland - Mammoth/Devils Postpile, Mono Lake, Bristlecone Pine forest (which is a pass you would probably take to get over to Nevada) - Bishop, Lone Pine, Mt. Whitney Portal.

Are there a lot of elevation changes? Ive never hit that road before but I despise the 5 and despise 99 only slightly less, so a second option is intriguing to me

Yes tons. See my edits. What part of NE California are you coming from?

What did you have and what was your favorite? Heading to Vegas soon and Momofuku is on the list for dinners.

Just east of Sacramento. Right on the 80. So I was thibking 80 to Reno and then south on the 95.

$675 minimum goes by real quick.

13 Likes

Food is cheaper when you have a car. Hawaiian BBQ combo.

5 Likes

That Mrs T again?

That’s Mrs A now.

15 Likes

As if you weren’t all checking out the dude with the dreamy hair and the excellent beverage choice.

1 Like

You mean Adam Driver?

1 Like

@BestOf

Mystery solved. I was busted from the 8 game mix by this guy:

I learned this while playing with this guy:

are you planning a revenge?

Nah, he was the better player.

I know the TR went downhill but I’ve been having too much fun. Here’s a quick photo drunk.

I had the best cocktail of my life at Ghost Donkey. It was a smoked poblano mezcal something. Amazing. Also secret pizza, Bellagio fountain. I lost another $500 at Pai Gow (fuck that game) spent most Of the day roasting in 115 degree heat. Ordered a bunch of empanadas which were honestly really really good.

3 Likes

5 Likes

)

9 Likes