What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

Probably. I haven’t been back since legalization.

1 Like

This is a very accurate description for me as well, only without the drinking and with more gambling and sadness.

I am very bad at handling losing. When i used to lose a session of poker in my home game, which was higher stakes than i play in vegas, i’d just have to drive home and sleep away the pain. In vegas you never sleep and the temptation to “ease” the pain is everywhere.

The worst time was after busting the main event i went on a sober gambling spree and lost 7.5x as much in 36 hours.

I was able to keep the figures smaller since, mainly thanks to the fact i no longer have 6 figs in cash to burn.

But this time it will be different, i’m sure.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Just had this conversation with Mrs grue. We last went in 2019 and yeah I think we’re done. Neither of us are big gamblers and we were kinda bored there and really the big dinner we went to ($500ish) wasn’t really anything we couldn’t get at home and we had a 4/10 strip club experience at the “best” club I could find. Also she just turned 40 so her days of lap dances from strippers is coming to an end.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing the connection between those two things.

1 Like

If anything the frequency should increase, especially for women! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Chill trips are great. Waking up clear headed and happy in Vegas is a great feeling. Genuinely relaxing and only gambling when it is fun while eating great food is just fantastic. Nowhere else can I completely disengage from the world and do so many things I love to do: play poker, bet on sports, eat great food, chill out at the pool, exercise and sleep whenever I want.

8 Likes

Are you solo? Last time I went with wife (which is the the last time we’ll go together), bolded was an issue. Grinding a bunch of poker and then crashing didn’t make me the most fun travel partner (and she doesn’t play poker or really gamble at all).

WSOP released their full schedule today!

I already booked 9/29-10/13, when and where are we doing an Unstuck meetup… maybe Lotus of Siam?

If I ship the Reunion ($500 buy in, 5M gtd) then bodies will be rented, I can assure you all

2 Likes

We should all meet up to play this one:

Oct. 10: $1,000 Flip and Go Presented by GG Poker – The popular online format is galvanized into a live event. Each player will be all in preflop on the first hand, dealt three cards and selecting two. One player will win the table and immediately fast forward into the money, where the tournament will then play out under a traditional structure.

3 Likes

5am airport isn’t ideal but I’m ready for it.

10 Likes

My last vegas trip involved full days of sight seeing followed by 11-closing shifts at poker once the lady passed out.

We had very different ideas of what constitutes a poker session. By about 4 fold.

I went with the 11p-4a route with grabbing 4 hours of sleep in attempt to be human the next day.

1 Like

Lololol they are giving a bracelet away in a flipament!

Also, wow there are like 20 events after the main.

Empty airports are so great

I wonder what other tournaments will be scheduled for that time (if any). Part of the fun of a WSOP trip was always piecing together a schedule out of the five or six other series running concurrently.

Indy has the best airport in the entire country and it’s not close. I’ve never waited more than 10 minutes through security. Perfect size.

In the car on the way! Presidential Limos picked us up for $75 round trip in a Tesla Model X. Seemed reasonable with the Uber shortage. Super nice people.

5 Likes

The only way to start a vacation in the morning is 3 drinks… breakfast as Mon Abi Gabi. Bellagio fountain is down sadly.

12 Likes

Considering the size of the area, id put Orange County/John Wayne in contention. Especially compared to LAX, its so damn peaceful that Id rather drive another 40 minutes to get there than fly out of LAX if I have any ability at all to do so

2 Likes