What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

The sign is from pre covid when Cromwell only spread 3:2 at the $25 level (and even $15 on slow times like Tuesday morning). It’s all 6:5 now, even at $50! I guess they just forgot to take the sign down.

I proposed to my wife there. Used to be our regular spot when we lived there.

1 Like

Whoa, wait, back up, yo, Jerry’s been dead for 25 years. What’s a Dead show in 2015?

Remember meeting any bio/chem teachers or high school principals there? Would be a small world event if you knew them from there. Yes, I know it’s like saying “You’re from chicago, know so and so?”

I’ve officially sworn off red-eye flights. They’re the worst. Check out at noon…gamble all day and then leave at 11pm. I don’t sleep well on planes either. They were awful. I managed an 8:50am flight this time…and that worked almost perfectly. Took a lorazepam, and got to sleep by about 1am. But I was there six days. A shorter trip would have ended up with a different and more exhausting outcome, I guess.

1 Like

I went to the SF shows and then on a whim and invitation from a buddy went to Chicago over the 4th without tickets and scored GA PIT tix in the lots before the shows.

This was from SF and there was a controversy over whether the rainbow was man made or not:

This was from fireworks show July 4th 2015 at Soldier Field:

11698595_10100476667762420_5019207583797304556_n

Neither are mine but I have the rainbow photo from a similar area.

In Chicago, we had an Uber driver one night from Russia I thought was going to bring us into an alley and murder us all. He was not happy with our tripping and drunk asses.

2 Likes

Mike Leah?

Its him for sure.

Afraid not, but we left Vegas in 2011.

1 Like

He moved there in 1997 or so. Wouldn’t discount knowing his face yet.

In that case, I suspect I’d know his face.

Now that I recall, there was a teacher I knew that hung out there. He was in a punk band, too.

Interesting fun fact. I tried to put a TV show on the air that I filmed at the double down. The owner of the bar, Moss, was the host. It was called “Drinking with Moss”. Never went anywhere, but I never paid for drinks again. The credits for the show still run in the televisions they have there, so if you see them, that was my stuff.

Great photos!

A 10-hour hungover drive back to LA in stop & go traffic the whole way is worse, trust me.

I did a 12-hour Vegas to LA drive during the fires last summer - utterly apocalyptic.

Maybe but I don’t think so? He seemed less smiling and it feels like he had more of a caveman-ish forehead.

@Tilted , forgot to mention - if you’re going to be around the arts district check out Frankie’s Tiki Room. It’s a good spot, but be aware that the drinks are strong. Like really strong. The guy that owns the double down owns this one too.

https://frankiestikiroom.com/

1 Like

That’s our starter… Then the main.

:grimacing:

Oh man… I made the mistake of staying up all night and getting on the flight from Vegas to Minneapolis/St Pauli and sleeping the whole 3.30 mins and getting on the flight to London an hour or 2 later wide awake.

:face_with_thermometer:

And I’ve never felt turbulance like that in my life before, it was like diving off the high diving board every 5/10 mins.

The flight into America was great though, flying over the northern lights, then the flight into Vegas at night was excellent tbh… All those neon lights makes for a sight up in the sky, wish I was tripping tbh.

:rofl:

2 Likes

I have a question. What’s up with the “fake” wheel spins in Vegas? Like if you hit the right symbol on the Wheel of Fortune slot, you get to spin the big wheel. But of course the spin seems completely rigged by the machine. There was an automated roulette wheel I played at South Point and if you bet 50c on the “fortune spin” play, the computer would randomly pick one or two numbers and if they hit, everyone would get a spin on a graphic animated wheel. And it would always land with the lowest or second lowest payout. I went to the Nugget and they had a live blackjack table where you got a wheel spin on another animated wheel if you got a blackjack, and of course the animated spin outcome didn’t seem real either. I guess I’m not really sure what I’m asking, but on roulette, you get real randomness with the mechanics of a real wheel and a real ball, but these graphic based wheel bonus spins seem completely rigged. It just doesn’t seem to be in the spirit of the element of chance.

LOLWHEELS

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: