What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

Each player gets 30 cards. Duh

There aren’t tough $400 tournaments.

Tougher than usual, I should say.

That clears it up

Does anyone have an opinion on Tacos El Gordo?

It’s a pineapple seven card stud split pot game.

You start with three down cards and one up card and throw one away before fourth street. The pot is split between the best stud game and the best point hand, the max being 30. Aces are worth one, deuces are worth two, all the way up to tens being worth ten. Face cards are worth zero, just like baccarat.

I ate there and it was tasty. Can’t say it was too memorable.

Tasty and not crazy expensive is what I’m going for.

If I decide to move to a Venetian or Wynn cash game after this, it’s on the way.

I’m enjoying this thread @NotBruceZ, Vegas seems to bring out your calm side.

I just hope you aren’t burying things out there.

4 Likes

I did not have NBZ as a weaktight nit on my bingo card. ;p

3 Likes

This sounds like a great time. Got me to pull this old book out.

1 Like

There are apparently around five dealers at my table. Listening to industry gossip is fun.

1 Like

Tacos el gordo is good stuff. But i hate parking at the strip loc. My go to lately is The Taco Stand on Spring Mountain across the Street from Cultivate. It’s an easy drive for me.

Cashing out for +153 in a bit over seven hours. Not bad for a 4/8 limit game.

Would recommend to anyone who enjoys that sort of thing.

Ha, we had that book when I was a kid. Looks exactly like our copy, too, dents and all.

Did you let out your inner lag at the low limit stakes?

(Fondly remembering my buddy and I straddling and blind raising a 3/6 game and winning $200 the last couple of hands with absolute two pair trash).

Cliffs on rules for Dramaha zero and Archie would be appreciated.

Never heard of either.

1 Like

That sounds like our kitchen table quarter home games. Might as well throw in uncle charlie and low hole deuces roll your own.

I don’t have inner LAG. I’m a tight player who tightens up even further if I play drunk.

Dramaha is a split pot game of omaha and five card draw… You get dealt five cards, there is a flop, and you can replace cards in your hand one time after betting on the flop is over. One variation is to use points instead of standard poker hands. Face cards are worth zero. Aces are worth one all the way to tens being worth ten. In dramaha 49, the goal is to get the most points in your draw hand. In dramaha zero, the goal is to get the fewest.

Archie is triple draw high low with a pair of nines qualifier for high and eight or better for low. It was supposedly invented when a home game let a really bad player come up with a new game.