What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

Honestly it’s impressive Vegas has been able to hold on this long without some kind of catastrophic decline. It’s a testament to the marketing really. Don’t get me wrong I used to really love vegas and still do to some extent but it’s just terrible terrible value these days in every way imaginable. Add in a not so nice climate most of the year and the proliferation of all forms of gambling across the US and it will be interesting to see how it shakes out. The city has done some smart things bringing major sports teams and sporting events in and the like. It’s going to very interesting to see what it is like in 20 years. My first trip was 21 years ago and it’s basically a completely different place at this point.

Pretty sure the Cosmo has 3 zeroes and a “C”

Rough stuff

In a functioning society regulators might have something to say about 2 companies owning the entire strip, but alas we do not live in one.

2 Likes

The fuck is a C?

C you later, money

5 Likes

Yeah but really, I’ve never heard of that

Cheap beer (< $10 can) has all but entirely been purged from the strip. The guys selling it out of a cooler for $3 are truly doing gods work.

4 Likes

Looking at some new places (not going this year but friends are and i live through them).

Anyone tried Retro by Voltaggio? I remember them fondly from top chef

I’m firing the $300 donkfest on Saturday. Flying in Friday night with a redeye Sunday returning Monday morning (15 minutes before I’m supposed to be at the office.)

8 Likes

Busted 1st bullet 10 minutes into second level. Ran kings into queens in a 4 bet pot, queen on the turn. Didn’t fold to river shove. Left with like nine blinds I lost a flip 77 to AQ. Saw reentry line out the door and played cash instead and at least made the trip profitable.

Hand history is somewhat interesting if anyone wants to hear it, I don’t think I played it wrong but I could be mistaken I’m not a tournament reg.

6 Likes

In Vegas for some donkaments and general debauchery.
Wandered into resorts world … Nice room, plush chairs, played some soft $1/3 … Ended down $25 though.
Place opposite the room “dawg house” has a live honky tonk band … Free live music never really bad, plus this band is decent.

Bonus: seeing the somewhat derpy crowd holler to some Johnny cash.

4 Likes

I am playing the Orleans 50k gtd 11 am $200 donkament. First tournament of the year and maybe in a couple years.

6 Likes

onelegged

:vince2:

3 Likes

I see your naked table dancer and raise you a hostage situation with furniture being tossed from the window of a high floor at Caesars.

I saw Nate was running well but he’s celebrating a bit early methinks.

1 Like

MGM and Hyatt partnership ending, fucking yikes from me as hyatt → mgm gold status match for waived resort fees was pretty much the only thing keeping me going to vegas on the regular

I hope Vegas fixes this shit:

The check in process is always the most miserable part of going there. I usually stay at the Flamingo which has Kiosks which usually aren’t too bad but I wasn’t aware that those tend to dish out shittier rooms. The couple times I’ve stayed at the Tropicana (not usually my choice) it was over an hour wait to check in. The lines weren’t even that bad, they just had very few people working and the check in process was slow as shit.

I stay at MGM properties because I can check in on my phone and use a digital key without visiting the front desk.

3 Likes

I don’t understand how a city like this doesn’t have automated check-in and phone based keys. Housekeeping have Ipads, they mark off every room that is finished, finished rooms get pushed to people who have checked in at kiosks in the lobby, phone is used as a key, voila no more fucking lines.

Its one of the largest tourist cities in the entire world, how is this not a thing yet? Maybe spend some of my hotel service fee on making this a reality.