What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Except Threesomes.

800/night excalibur is ludicrous. They should literally be paying people to stay there and gamble at their shit hole

1 Like

Bruce is that pai gow progressive bonus still going?

I looked at some prices as I would love to go but the missus is a bit meh and when she heard the prices she was er no lets go another time. She ain’t ever staying at Excalibur so I never bought up I could get it cheaper at some shitholes but I was shocked at their prices. Will be interesting to see if nearer the date they come down if they have trouble filling rooms. I expect the Bellagios and Arias will be fine but I can’t see the cheaper places doing so. Maybe they don’t need to come close if they get enough F1 fans paying 10x+ for a normal room.

I haven’t heard it being hit, so probably.

Anyone have experiences with getting Airbnb or VRBO’s on the strip?

We have 15 of us going for a Bachelor Party in March (2nd weekend of NCAA Tournament). I can get basically 1 free or heavily discounted room at Caesars and 1 at MGM properties, but would probably need an Airbnb that can house 8-10 of us and to act as a hanging out area during down time.

https://twitter.com/FlamingoVegas/status/1612140191027982338?s=20&t=6Aw-BzEeQfYH3_FQnL523g

Seems like a local poker pro. Plenty of vegas regs commenting on his feed. I assume it was +ev to play given the size of the jackpot

I think it was reported as already +EV back when it was $5 million (with a bankroll requirement of $2 million).

Anyone planning on being in Vegas in January? I’ll be in and out a couple of times over the next two weeks.

Combo platter from Portland-based Shalom Y’All at the new Property Eats food hall at Aria.

I ordered online while walking over from my room at Park MGM and was able to charge to my room. It said ready in 11-16 minutes but actually took three.

Based on the kebab, I’m ready to try a lot of the other food here.

3 Likes

What is the expert way to eat all of that?

With your mouth.

1 Like

So, no hands?

There’s pita in the brown bag.

Well, we could drag this out, but in the interest of time here’s what I’d have done.

I’d have dipped the kabob in the white stuff and eaten it off the stick. After that I’d tear off pieces of pita and dip it in the hummus. The rest of the vegetables (?peppers and olives) I’d eat separately between bites of the other stuff.

Standard? What did you do?

1 Like

For at least some bites, I’d do mini sandwiches by spreading some hummus and white stuff on a piece of pita and then putting a piece of meat and vegetables on the pita.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll give that a try at the next opportunity. I like good hummus, but I just don’t think it goes well in the same mouthful as a kabob. But I’m not sure I’ve actually tried it.

At my go to Mediterranean spots I don’t think any of the pita sandwiches with meat have hummus in them (I think some of the falafel ones do).

I’ve been eating them together my whole life. Hummus is good on a kabob sandwich too but beauty of platter is you can have some mini sandwiches w/ and some without.

1 Like

OK, I’m convinced; I’ll give it a shot.

My standard order is a chicken shawarma platter and it comes with that garlic sauce that goes really great with the chicken. Also comes with hummus, so I’ll try a mini hummus/chicken sando.

I tasted each component separately then in multiple combinations.