Weight Loss Drugs, the future of medicine. Argle Bargle or Fooforaw?

Gotta love some of the comments. “But what about side effects, what if it hurts your heart?”

Bitch, Im 300 pounds. Nothing can hurt my heart more than the status quo

1 Like

Researchers in Denmark

Aren’t the Danes a healthy population compared to your average country? Are they just tired of working out to keep up with it or something? I support their efforts, it just surprises me the research isn’t originating from a country with a less healthy population.

Doesn’t sound like it gives the actual benefits of running a 10k as in increased lung function, etc but just mimics the metabolic effect after running a 10k. Maybe beneficial but the same as a 10k seems like overselling it.

Last week, the US Food and Drug Administration announced that tirzepatide is no longer in shortage. It has been a long time coming: The active ingredient in the weight-loss drug Zepbound and diabetes medication Mounjaro has experienced runaway popularity, along with other GLP-1 meds like Ozempic. This unprecedented demand sent it into shortage in December 2022. The end of drug shortages are usually a good thing—but for many people currently taking tirzepatide, this is a moment of fear and uncertainty rather than celebration. For them, this means the meds they are accustomed to taking may be harder to get.

There are two types of pharmacies permitted to compound drugs, known as 503a and 503b pharmacies. With the shortage ended, 503a pharmacies need to cease nearly all production of copies immediately; 503b pharmacies, which typically make larger quantities, have a 60-day off-ramp period. Most of the pharmacies compounding these meds are 503a—which means that the supply is already slowing, and in some cases lurching to an abrupt halt, for a large number of people who have come to rely on this medication. “It would make sense that people would panic over a shortage,” says Maria Rising, a compounded tirzepatide patient who also runs a popular Instagram channel about the medication. “But they’re actually panicking because the shortage is over.”

2 Likes

yeah I’m guessing there’s going to be a very profitable foreign market

Exercise affects so many systems that I’ve read pretty convincing arguments that an exercise pill is impossible in principle. There’s just a ton of stuff that happens during exercise. Altering a few measurable biomarkers (in rats) is not akin to widespread systemic changes.

Is it amphetamines mixed with cocaine?

2 Likes

Oh ok so it’s only as good as running a 5K. Suppose that’ll do.

Just take two?

2 Likes

Fat Joe isn’t even fat anymore because of woke.

https://x.com/OhSoSuper/status/1846327329015878114

1 Like

Good thing his secondary nickname is Joey Crack.

2 Likes

I went the Hims route and ordered the shots. I took the first shot last week. One week of progress means SW:288 and CW: 286. No major side effects. Hunger is there but getting full faster.

3 Likes

https://x.com/yashar/status/1847016036509667538?t=SHtp7RDp-TgFbU6ZKU--rw&s=19

RIP another bbw lost to drugs

1 Like