Weight Loss Drugs, the future of medicine. Argle Bargle or Fooforaw?

So my insurance forces an oral medication prior to taking Semaglutide (or however you spell it.)

I know there are a fair few diabetics and weight loss drug takers on the board. Does anyone have experience with Metformin?

It’s a fascinating development. A long-lasting feeling of satiety in a shot. Or maybe the feeling of being satisfied is very easy to achieve, as long as you keep injecting yourself with this shit regularly lol it sounds so cool. We’re definitely living in the future now

Cigarette, fast food, gambling and alcohol companies are gonna get rekt by this semaglutide, and i suspect they’ll eventually treat drug addicts with it too.

1 Like

There is some pretty compelling evidence that it will help there too, yeah. Its pretty crazy

My wife has two friends who take it and have each lost a ton of weight.

I’m about to do my third and last month of Zepbound. Total weight lost over these past two months is ~40 lbs, taking me from 265 to 225. I’d stop now, but gaining weight back after stopping is pretty much guaranteed so I’d like to drop another 15 and then maybe end up back where I am now. I’m running again and just feel so much better. Highly recommend.

3 Likes

Damn. I went from 255 to 235 in 2 months, then have been stuck here for about 2 months.

I hardly eat anything, I work out 4x a week and walk 2 miles each way to the gym, and I do a couple long walks or hikes on the weekend.

I’m still lifting the same amount as when I started, and I feel like I have plenty of energy. I don’t feel lethargic at all.

I even stopped drinking except socially this year, and I’m social maybe once a month.

Apparently my body can just become hyper-efficient whenever it feels like it. Oh yeah all those calories we were burning during the day when you were sitting around? We’ll just stop doing that. Don’t worry you won’t notice any difference.

2 Likes

Your body comp is probably better than mine - I haven’t lifted since I started, it’s all been walking and running and not eating.

Yeah but it’s still frustrating that I haven’t burned much fat for the last couple months. It’s not like I’m gaining muscle.

Metformin isn’t a weight loss drug. If they lost weight it’s for other reasons.

I’m still waiting for the studies that say these drugs give you supercancerAIDS. Pretty amazing if there are no real serious problems.

2 Likes

I’ve gone from 245-250 to 208 on semaglutide, been an absolute game changer for me

3 Likes

OK yeah I was wrong. They’re taking Rybelsus. My wife takes metformin.

Any excerczice is good, drop the chees greater on the floor once in awwhail

I am so in a great mood

a mood

crawl on the floor, its great

1 Like

no cheese

This is correct, howevrr my doctor said our insurance wont cover a GLP 1 until we show we can lose weight on Metformin… for some reason.

There is pretty solid evidence that it can help lose weight in the 3-5% range

Im not sure how much it will help me. Ive dropped 20 pounds in about 6 months and am just at the wall right now.

not kidding