Walrus Grab Bag 6 - Reveal Thread!

Nope.

Anyway, I’ll be revealing sometime this afternoon/evening

3 Likes

Thanks to Boogie Woogie and Suzzy Wuzzy for doing their reveals!

I’ve updated the scoring sheet and also made a minor change. It seems right that the “drops” should apply to a base score, not a base score that has had a joker multiplier added. So I change that in the results.

We have a new leader, SUB, with Sky .5 behind. Neither have revealed yet so there is some correction to come.

Yuv is being harshly punished for his consistency and may actually benefit from coming last in one of the coming reveals.

Boogie Woogie is holding down last place rather impressively, but with an expected three wins in a row and a joker up his sleeve he is clearly the favorite.

2 Likes

i’m not going to benefit from coming last. it’s just that coming last or coming 3rd is the same right now for me, which is impressively stupid.

Reveal time!!!

@anon29622970
@Pauwl
@Yuv
@skydiver8
@tilted
@seities
@CanadaMatt3004
@suzzer99
@eyebooger

7 Likes

Speaking of, I should be ready to reveal tomorrow

4 Likes

1 Like

Oh boy, I remember this one. Go ahead and chalk me up for last.

2 Likes

These last 3 categories were the ones I felt most confident in.

I’ll be a little sad if I get another last place.

1 Like

I’m assuming I will do terribly here

1 Like

Some notes about this category

1. One band represented three of the selections and two of the songs.
  2. Knowing that, two of you picked the same song.
  3. The winner was one by a landslide
  4. There was only one true stinker in this category. A handful were mediocre. A couple of good ones and a very good one.
1 Like

i’m 100% in this one. can’t remember even which of their songs i ended up sending though

1 Like

I’m guessing this is me too

In 9th place (1 point)

“Bronze” by Almost

Basically spent the duration of this song going

I wish I had something more insightful to say but I just don’t.

4 Likes

Music video seems pretty elite though. What a song.

In 8th place (2 points)

“Sad Sad City” by Ghostland Observatory

This felt more like an electronic song which is understandable given that other bands use the sound to replace a guitar. However, this doesn’t feel like rock at all. It’s not exactly a bad song. It’s just not good and something that I wouldn’t listen to again.

4 Likes

Brutal. I love that song and band. I was close to my predictions.

Surely we’ll get to actual rock songs soon, right?

Probably me as well

I had never heard of them before, at least

Well it would have been funny if “pick a random song from the guitarless bands list” had won. But alas it came in last, as it deserved. Although I do kind of like the song.

1 Like

And to end the nodium in 7th place (3 points)

Death From Above - “Trainwreck 1979”

Okay, things step up in quality a bit starting from here in that we actually have what I consider a rock song. When I first heard the song, it sounds like the music from a Dude Perfect video. That’s not a bad thing. Those songs tend to be a bit catchy. I guess this one is a bit simple though. Sounds like something I wouldn’t mind hearing in the background of a bar or something like that.

3 Likes