Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

I like the PKM version a lot.

1 Like

In 1st place, earning 12 points - Kiesza - “Eleanor Rigby”

Off the 2020 Dark Tales EP, this is part of Canadian artist Kiesza’s comeback from a major car crash that cost her a few years of her career. If you like this song, check out the magnificent music video for pre-injury hit “Hideaway”:

or her version of Haddaway’s “What Is Love”.

I could listen to her hauntingly beautiful vocals over synth-filled electropop sounds for hours. And I did do some listening to the rest of her output while considering this category. Inspiring me to do that much more than any other submission seems to mark this as hands-down the #1 song.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks for the reveal and the 12 points. You seem to know a bunch of trivia. Did you research all the details for this reveal or are you a big Beatles fan?

This was my second choice that I liked but guess would not have fared well.

Some of it I know and some of it popped up in my research. I’m more of a trivia fan than a Beatles fan. I know things like how the I Am Sam soundtrack came about. Looking up the albums usually involves research, but I would fact-check that stuff anyways instead of relying solely on my memory.

On first listen, your second choice would definitely not have fared anywhere near as well. My guess is I would have initially pegged it as middle of the pack and it probably would have risen a couple of spots on further listens.

1 Like

Guess I should have chosen Elanor Fucking Rigby

5 Likes

lol same. I actually considered a couple of them, but fell in love with a laconic Aussie instead. sigh

and of COURSE Louis won. grrrrr.

1 Like

i got 4th so the scorigami dream is dead.

1 Like

More like Eleanor Riggedby

3 Likes

who’s left? swanky, skydiver and nicholas?

CanadaMatt, Eyebooger, swanky, Nicholas, skydiver

Oh, you would have gotten one point if you had submitted this:

Thanks for the reveal NBZ!

I was going to submit this - Im guessing it wouldnt have done worse than 11th?

It would not have done worse. There was a clear tier of dudes with acoustic guitars where it probably would have fit in.

1 Like

I’ll go on Saturday if Swanky goes Friday or Sunday if Swanky goes Saturday.

Either way, will probably start earlier than most reveals.

6 Likes

Sorry I pretty much missed this one, I’ll update the leader board tomorrow morning. Mine was the first, (though actually best) Eleanor Rigby.

3 Likes

Eleanor Rigby is taking me home (repeat x3)

4 Likes

Rush Limbaugh died and I finally got on the podium.

7 Likes

Of what’s left, I’d say for me

CanadaMatt: probably not nodium and probably not podium
Eyebooger: more podium potential than nodium potential, but risky either way
swanky: middle bottom, although one can hope
Nicholas: top half but probably not podium
skydiver: middle of the pack, probably not podium

Hey you guuuuuuyyyyssss…

I’m ready to go. I hate waiting. Let’s do it. I need to cover the stain of my nodium finish in NBZ’s category today. Pyat, go to bed, you can have two rankings to update in the morning, where I will fall out of the top spot. It’s ok, I never expect to win.

@seities
@eyebooger
@SwankyWilder
@NotBruceZ
@Pauwl
@anon29622970
@pyatnitski
@LouisCyphre
@smrk4
@Nicholasp27
@CanadaMatt3004
@Yuv