Walrus Grab Bag 3 Reveal

OFFICIAL RESULTS POST 1

Tough start pointswise for Yuv

R1

8 Likes

Ha! I also considered this. Great minds etc.

Awesome reveal Yuv. Well done!

3 Likes

Great reveal, Yuv! Thanks for starting us out strong.

I think I have to work on some more in depth writes ups for mine now. lol

3 Likes

How would this have done? Even fewer views.

(I thought about the original too)

Some ideas:

2 Likes

I already had this post bookmarked in case you didn’t like my submission:

to deflect any blame.

1 Like

lolme

I just checked your link and I submitted the same song to you in that one which means in the 2 or 3 times I’ve submitted to you I’ve done the same song 2 of those

Apologies

Last time was storytelling and this time was crime and this song is first to mind on both of those categories so just bad luck (and a rushed job not thinking about prior submissions)

5 Likes

Apparently a very close friend of @Pauwl, Jean P, has entered a song to his category. While it seems unlikely that entering just one category could meaningfully affect the leader board I’ve been asked to add them in, and something tells me they might have a chance after all.

So, in anticipation of later, here’s a revised chart.

R1

5 Likes

So someone named Pauwl has a friend named Jean P? I am smelling a John Barron situation.

2 Likes

Zomg?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Gather 'round

@LouisCyphre
@SwankyWilder
@skydiver8
@smrk4
@anon29622970
@NotBruceZ
@seities
@pyatnitski
@CanadaMatt3004
@eyebooger
@Nicholasp27
@Yuv
@JeanP

5 Likes

Category host name : Pauwl
Category : Old Music (to be kind to millennials, I’ll set it to older than 1990).
Musical tastes: I don’t like 80’s hair metal or hard rock. I like new wave, no wave, dark wave, proto-punk and other weird 70’s/80’s music. Older than that is wide open genre wise. Psychedelic, folk, soul, country blues, ragtime, gospel. Even old school country.
Any other judging notes : Overly familiar songs will be downgraded in ranking. Don’t enter hits by Zeppelin or classic rock standards. Try to pick a song that it’s unlikely I’ve heard a lot. Older is better. Musical tastes were not in order of preference, just listing genres from the 80’s on backwards.

So I like old music. I like going into the past to find music that is new to me.
What I would have entered:

6 Likes

Hmmmmm.

This bodes poorly

2 Likes

Going to be surprised if you didn’t get 12 Blind Willie McTell songs. Maybe 11 minus CM. I have his complete works but haven’t listened to them in a long time and probably wouldn’t consider them for Walrus, although swanky also likes those old Delta blues iirc.

3 Likes

I just looked up the Billboard charts for 1989.

3 Likes

I’m a man of constant sorrow

1 Like

Let us proceed.

If you didn’t place well, don’t take it too bad. Walrus is just for fun.

3 Likes

This is a dirty lie

4 Likes