Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

So I was thinking end of day 23rd for submissions to be in, but I think end of day 25th shouldn’t be a big deal. It’s a lot of songs to find.

But will you be able to have everything in that soon after being “back”? I am guessing you might find time to think about some of the categories between now and then anyway. So long as that will work, consider yourself “in” and consider my genitalia back inside my pants.

1 Like

Oh yeah, the great melodic metal boom of 2020.

but that didn’t answer my question. If I submit hip hop, is that ok? Or do you specifically want metal?

Category host name: Pauwl
Category: A love song. Or song about love/relationships. I would prefer positive songs rather than lost love or unrequited love.
Musical tastes: Current music is mostly indie or what falls under that general umbrella. I despise most popular music of the 90’s. Post MP3s, I haven’t really followed pop music. Early 80’s and back, is wide open. Tons of cool stuff to discover.
Any other judging notes: Overly familiar songs will be punished. I don’t want over the top torch songs. If you’re thinking Whitney Houston, think again. Please, no cheese.

Narrator: …

3 Likes

I can commit to end of day 25th. And, yeah, I’m already thinking of what ear bothering bit of noise metal to give Yuv.

2 Likes

I thought you were joking. It appears that it’s my fault. It was a joke.

I don’t like melodic metal. i thought it was a obvious running gag. I don’t particularly like any metal. send whatever you want tho. I edited the original post and now I’m sad.

2 Likes

There there, Yuvvy Wuvvy!

FWIW I was a bit confused in the same way Sky was, but all makes sense now!

Judging by that I also imagine 100% of you don’t pronounce my username correctly.

In my head I pronounce it “Yuv - rhymes with Love”. But I guess its probably meant to be more like “Yoov”?

Yep

If I started pronouncing it that way in my head, would that make you a happy Yoovy Woovy?

As happy as a Melodic Metal band.

2 Likes

Not sure what it says about me that i can’t decide between ~20 great songs that i love which involve a scream yet i can’t think of one positive love song? :(

2 Likes

Category host name: cassette
Category: A song with a great guitar riff, intro, or solo
Musical tastes: Rap, metal, punk, hardcore, alt country, beep boops, anything experimental, anything awesome or depressing or upbeat. No autotune or top 40’s please!
Any other judging notes: We all know guitars are the best instrument. Give me some finger picking, face shredding, or a sick riff. Try to pick something I might not have heard before.

3 Likes

I would like to be in - but am crazy busy so won’t be able to submit until weekend of 22nd/23rd. If that ok I will post a category before Friday

1 Like

Can I get in on this?

1 Like

Category host name: pyatnitski

Category: Jazz (or obv jazz influenced) or folk (or obv folk influenced).
For folk I mean anything credibly called folk music from anywhere in the world.

Musical tastes: Folk, jazz, improv, noise, bleeps/bloops, all sorts. I’ll give anything a listen once. I used to listen to loads of weirder indie stuff, but hardly ever do now. I love some classic rock/metal/pop, but am very ignorant about lots of that thanks to a youth spent as a music snob.

Any other judging notes: I’ll be lenient with the ‘influenced’ parts, but I might want to see your working. I wanted this to just be jazz but I worry about jazzphobia. Because of that I’ll give jazz submissions a preference in tiebreakers, but if you send me Kenny G or something by [jazz great everyone knows even if they hate jazz] expect nothing.

3 Likes

And if you’re wondering if something is jazz enough, then just ask yourself if it could feature on this show.

1 Like

Uh oh

3 Likes

Yup sure!

1 Like