Walrus 9 Reveal Thread

Olé Olé, Olé Olé

In future this song wont lead to a boring “how we first met anecdote”, I will be telling anyone who will listen how i came first in the legendary pyat’s walrus reveal

3 Likes

I should say I don’t mean by that that the singing ruined it, it’s just that the intro was pleasant and I could imagine it being the intro to something I’d go on to like and maybe I did these guys wrong, but then when the singing is going I realise that oh yeah, that’s the song and actually I feel the same as I ever did.

Skate or Die

The Pink Floyd is me. The deed actually happened in the morning and the music was not playing then.

2 Likes

Great reveal, enjoyed the anecdotes.

I hope the fat kid got his new deck back.

“That fat kid…was me.” - Kamala Harris

3 Likes

I was today old when I learned this song from my youth is a cover.

1 Like

I was wondering what was taking so long for #1 and it turns out my work internet went down! Will have to check it out at a later time.

Minor Threat was me.

2 Likes

I caught David Johansen doing a solo show about 20 years ago when he tried to reinvent himself as a bluesman. The biggest and probably only cheer of the night went up when he did Personality Crisis.

Not at all surprised when he reformed the Dolls.

The song itself isn’t remotely like traditional African music.

So I was vaguely targeting this evening for the climax, but then last night I got told I have to go have dinner with some of my wife’s colleagues instead. So looking like early next week, sorry. Also, let’s hope these people later aren’t chumps and are using the category 2 entries as a playlist.

1 Like

I saw the New York Dolls in London in 2009, it was a good show but with only the ageing Johanson and Sylvain Sylvain left it was a little bit like seeing a tribute band.

Sadly no Johnny Thunders for obvious reasons

Sounds excruciating to an anti-social bastard like me, but have fun anyway.

I’m a tad lukewarm on my round 5 pick. I really like it, but not sure about our host.

p.s. Who wants to host next?

I feel the same re my round 5 pick. And I was also about to try and get another game lined up. AND I am currently listening to Pyatnitski’s winning submission from round 5 of my Walrus.

I have an idea I wanted to put out there - maybe I will start that Walrus meta thread for all Walrus discussion not related to any particular Walrus event? Keep your eyes peeled.

1 Like

Do it.

1 Like

Had an idea for a forum choice walrus. Would set up categories like normal but instead of the host ranking them, the submissions would be posted on here anonymously. Then the host would run an anonymous poll where they hide the results. The reveal would be based on the points earned. So whoever earns the most points from the vote wins, second most points is obviously second, and so on. In the poll, you’re have to rank order your 3 favorites.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

That would be interesting to try. It could also make song selection quite different since you are trying to appeal to all contestants instead of one host. Doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work, would just be different is all.

Think it might lead to some interesting discussion too. Especially if the rules required contestants not to claim their submission until after the vote closed.

Definitely not a walrus. Maybe an otter or beluga tho

1 Like
1 Like