Walrus 12: The Reveal!

Goofy gets bonus point for submitting songs by people I’ve never heard of.

It does seem I just don’t know DJ’s and he might be somewhat known?

1 Like

I don’t think I’m going to be able to find time for a weekend reveal, so probably Monday morning we’ll wrap this up.

3 Likes

Not a fan of the song submitted from a single listen (not because of ‘weirdness’, it doesn’t feel weird at all, just a mix of a few genres). But grats on the win, I have yet to win a category and this is my 3rd or 4th Walrus :frowning:

2 Likes

@Pauwl tell me what you found weird about your track because I was doing all kinds of gymnastics trying to give it a gold but couldn’t get there.

I struggled with this category. I consider “weird” to be bad sounding. “It tastes weird” means gross. I don’t listen to anything I would call weird. And trying to find a “weird song” for someone who submitted “Do you doubt me, Traitor”, I just said “fuck it”. In the end, I went with a song that’s kinda strange. The slide guitar stuff and talking about turning into a werewolf. I guess it’s a weird cover of the original by TV on the Radio.

One of my other picks for this category was this:

But again I don’t consider it weird. It’s just haunting and beautiful.

edit: Also a film score :wink:

1 Like

Missed the reveal again unfortunately, but nice to see cassette’s making me look average in every Walrus I play with him extends to when he hosts also!

Mine was frontier psychiatry, which I can certainly see not being for everyone, but i genuinely like the song and dont skip it when it comes up in my playlist.

Thanks as always for the reveal you dirty pigeon good sir!

2 Likes

Even a gentleman and a scholar can end up in the middle of the pack. Such is the way of the Walrus.

1 Like

wtf are you guys doing in this last category :rofl: Not…what I was expecting.

1 Like

last category was kinda rough for me. i don’t really care about specific vocal abilities so trying to isolate it was a challenge.

1 Like

Uh-oh. Sounds like someone submitted Melt Banana again…

So… you’re saying theres a chance

2 Likes

Sorry to drag this out but I’m in emergency with chest pain so prob no reveal tomorrow.

8 Likes

Jesus fuck man, now is not the time to worry about Walrus.

Good luck, feel better. I was in a similar state about 7 months ago. Turned out to be musculo-skeletal but was still really scary.

How are they protecting you against Covid?

3 Likes

Should’ve saved the calm songs for this round imo.

obviously I hope you’re well and I’m only posting a joke bc you’re well enough to make posts here. Wish nothing but the best for ya

4 Likes

I didn’t mean any of the things I said. All the best

1 Like

Feel better, hopefully it’s just stress related from listening to Everybody Hurts.

6 Likes

I hope this means @cassette was logged on an hour ago and everything’s ok. :crossed_fingers:

cass

3 Likes

Yep, not dead. Thanks everyone. Had blood work, an ekg, and an x-ray without finding anything. Still feeling under the weather so we’ll reveal tomorrow.

9 Likes

Those things can sometimes be psychosomatic ime, akin to a panic attack.

Take it easy bruv.

1 Like

Since this is a music related thread, I thought I’d spam a little bit and see if anyone is interested in participating in a Led Zeppelin tournament bracket thread. Voting for song against song until we get a champion.

1 Like