Walrus 12: The Reveal!

I need to go do some work. Please claim your song if you haven’t. Thanks for the submissions!

To be fair, Cat Power hasn’t ever been submitted by anyone as far as I know.

2 Likes

this would have been my 2nd choice, which should be up your alley too I think. quality is shit obv, but god i love this video

2 Likes

I’ve submitted that before :)

I’m so glad I saw that quote right before Cat Power, famous punk/metal/rap musician, got #1

1 Like

lucky for me then, but at least i was right that you like that.

I have a smashing 3rd option, but i’ll keep it for a future walrus.

She’s the punk rock Fiona Apple.

1 Like

Was tempted to submit the first band I ever saw live. No better guitarist than Wilko in my book

2 Likes

Black Crowes was me. Dead center of the pack again, i’ll take it!

There’s loads on the 'tube, obv, but I considered this one for a while.

Super cheesy and maybe somewhat douchey, but I’m a sucker for this one.

Here’s a live recording I really enjoy:

And that reminded me of this track, also a cover, so I decided to find a fun live version of it.

Sorry I havent been around for the last few reveals @cassette - been moving house so just now got a chance to scroll through.

Dolphins Cry was me and I’ll also note that I was the only one to correctly meet the criteria of “A Live Performance” twice.

ty for bringing us Walrus action during these troubled times, and keeping a cracking pace!

I’ll probably go through the other entries later this week and posy some jigggystyle belated commentary.

6 Likes

I wasn’t really considering tv performances as live, had I known I would have claimed my normal low placing with this stomper

I’m assuming Queen was @superuberbob and Pink Floyd was @anon92450360.

2 Likes

Will Paulw pull a pyatnitski and crash and burn in the final rounds? Will an underdog come from behind and take the crown? Stay tuned to find out!! Next round on Freaky (weird) Friday.

4 Likes

Yes

Such blasphemy with Queen. Where would have Radio Ga Ga finished if that was the entry?

No Boss entry as well. Johnny Cash is a decent 2nd.

2 Likes

Probably a little higher than a full concert but I am biased to less well-worn ground.