Video Games

If you’re gonna colonize as Ottomans, you want to go to SEA and conquest your way towards India. You can’t get new world trade back to Constantinople and Malacca is juicier anyways. Plus Ottos have plenty of spare troops to genocide the extremely uppity SEA natives for faster colonization or a +goods produced modifier.

I just got to Anor Londo in Dark Souls. What an masterpiece of a setting.

4 Likes

Truly amazing.

I think I died at the first part of that level no fewer than 100 times

1 Like

Surprise release-- Axiom Verge 2 is available today! I’m gonna stream it later.

2 Likes

The key for a new player as Ottomans is balancing your expansion between Europe, Caucasus, and middle east/mamluks. You are basically the big bad for the entire region which unfortunately means that Poland, Austria, Hungary, Venice all hate you, not to mention Mamluks to your south. Even without a large coalition forming against you, everyone will be looking to backstab you if you get too weak in terms of manpower or army size. Haven’t played Ottomans in a long time but I think you should probably annex Byz ASAP, then maybe kill idk Serbia or something before focusing on Anatolian minors and the middle east/caucasus. The Balkans are largely garbage anyways, and the trade from those provinces don’t flow to Constantinople.

Do you have the DLCs?

1 Like

Yes, I am playing as the Aztecs with the El Dorado DLC. It’s hectic because there’s pressure to reform Aztec society before the Euros show up, right now it’s 1510 and I’m just about there.

D2 Beta opens tomorrow. Anyone else going to play?

1 Like

Nope, im working my way through Crosscode DLC and oh yeah Hades drops on Xbox Game Pass today

1 Like

Oh shit. I forgot about Hades. I’ve got Dark Souls to finish as well. This is too much.

1 Like

Isn’t hades tmw the 13th? Also I think this weekend for d2 is only preorders or something?

edit: confirmed both of above, open beta is 20th

1 Like

D2 =Diablo 2 remaster? Already in public beta? Damn, I gotta get that.

Yeah. Technically it’s a private beta for preorders but the full beta is right after for everyone. Game releases in September.

Do I have to suck someone off to get private beta access? I’ll do it.

Damn I thought Hades was today

Just preorder it and then cancel.

1 Like

Hades is out now on gamepass, pretty stoked to try this game finally

3 Likes

played a little bit tonight and it delivers on the hype, made it as far as the bone hydra after beating Meg. Unlocked the bow and shield.

Are the furniture things literally just cosmetic? like it gives me the option to buy that currency for coins but whats the point?

2 Likes

It comes up later. Thats a phrase you need to get used to now.

1 Like

Early game, most important thing is keys and darkness, dont worry too much about gems. Nectar will open up some nice things too