US Kills Soleimani in Airstrike

i thought we spend like all day and night talking Israel out of war with Iran?

https://twitter.com/ruslantrad/status/1214138336576724992

There’s somewhat of a difference between people providing advice and support when asked, and an invading army squatting on your territory.

4 Likes

Just interesting how these things always seem to help Russia gain more influence.

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/ivanka-and-trump-organization-linked-to-suleimanis-front-company-new-yorker-writer/

1 Like

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1214503482394398721?s=19

That’s a really good question. I used the phrase Pyrrhic victory for a reason. I think we eventually destroy the Iranian air defenses and establish total air superiority over their country. I think we can dominate their military in a conventional war. If we put boots on the ground we start losing badly almost as soon as we finish winning the conventional war.

I can’t be clear enough that this is a terrible idea that isn’t going to benefit anyone but a small group of random people who profit off it directly.

Putin really has played a fundamentally weak hand to perfection.

4 Likes

It’s not that weak. Their espionage operation really is a thing of beauty. Possibly the GOAT. When you look back at how completely they destroyed us on this front during the cold war it’s pretty mind blowing. They owned us like we owned the Germans in WW2. It turns out the only people worse at intelligence than American/British are the Germans lololol.

It’s mostly about how you allocate talent. In this country we don’t send our best and brightest to become spies. The Russian Elon Musk works for the FSB in some capacity most likely.

Trump retweeted both of the following:

Mark Meadows: “I think the vast majority agree killing 600+ Americans is well beyond justification to say: enough is enough.”

Lindsey Graham: “This was not an act of revenge for what he had done in the past. This was a preemptive, defensive strike planned to take out the organizer of attacks yet to come.”

Level 1 dysfunction: completely schizophrenic and contradictory justifications

Level 2 dysfunction: Trump amplifies contradictory justifications simultaneously

1 Like

O’Brien shares the Inner Party’s take:

1 Like

So all the “attacks” cancelled now? Phew!

1 Like

Putin will probably call Trump and offer to take care of Iraq for him and tell him it’s okay to withdraw, Russia’s got it from here. Trump will agree and brag about it to the American people.

Putin is In Syria at this moment, he flew in on a surprise visit today…

This outcome actually has a TON of equity.

Very interesting that Netanyahu distanced himself from the assassination. Judging from public statements, Netanyahu has long tried to foment a US war with Iran. But now he seems to be drawing back from the possibility of a real war, which would certainly draw attacks on Israel.

This suggests to me that Likud’s Iran war mongering was always just for show. The propaganda advances the beleaguered Israel narrative, and distracts from the occupation.

3 Likes

Israel hasn’t shied away from assassinations. They tried to kill Saddam Hussein and they did kill 4 (I think it was 4) Iranian nuclear scientists.

@BestOf

1 Like

smh @ “that brick breaker game”. I’m deducting 50 points for not knowing the name of the game or any of its many clones.

1 Like

I’m deducting 100 points from myself for not even knowing the brick…