US Kills Soleimani in Airstrike

https://twitter.com/NickKristof/status/1213843845919756288?s=20

Very excited for Trump to get credit for ‘bringing the troops home’ when they are forcefully expelled. media/Trump cult going to treat killing a bad guy and having the troops removed as some master stroke when of course he’s just a bumbling idiot who could’ve withdrawn troops if he wanted (but we clearly didn’t want to). Good thing Republicans stole those two elections, world definitely would not be in a better place if Gore had won in 2000.

Edit: I will say so far this looks like an obvious fuck up on Trump’s part, maybe people will actually see it for what it is.

1 Like

Am i reading this right? Trump basically used Iraq government as a pawn in a plot to kill Soleimani under the guise of mediation with Iran? WTF

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/LizSly/status/1213866052179890176?s=20

According to the US backed Iraqi PM, that is exactly the case.

You hate to see it, but every time Trump makes an impossibly more world-threatening mistake, I keep hoping this is what will make Senate Republicans see the danger he presents if allowed a single more day in office

Sweet summer child, oh you, etc etc

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/phildstewart/status/1213866365020524544?s=20

Wonder how Israel feels about being made more safe. They’ve had the ability to take out this guy for quite some time but declined time and again because of probable repercussions. Now, because an impulsive irrational American president wants to divert media attention away from impeachment, the lives and safety of their people have been put in substantially more risk.

USA #1! :us: U.S.A.U.S.A.U.S.A.

2 Likes

I’m not sure the supposed mediation was a plot to get him to go to Baghdad to be then droned. It was a normal place for him to go, he would have attended funerals of people killed earlier that week (and military meetings, of course) and he didn’t travel in secret when he went.

Don’t post this to defend, obviously, if anything it renders the whole thing more stupid.

1 Like

I too struggle to believe there was any strategy behind this. Trump planning out that kind of political maneuver as a cover to assassinate someone would be like my dog meeting me when I get home and saying, “RiskyFlush, it’s time for us to talk.”

1 Like

Well either way I doubt Trump had anything to do with the strategy on how to take him out. All Trump did was say he wanted him killed.

1 Like

Senate Republicans won’t see anything he does as dangerous until something directly affects them.

1 Like

That’s fair

Doesn’t have to be Senate Republicans, just more and more every day people realizing what a complete moron he is. I absolutely do not want any more conflicts in the Middle East but I hope that any escalation there continues to affect his support here. If not I guess gg, we can just do this on repeat forever as long as. Republican is president.

Well yes. But I’d hope public sentiment change compels the Senate to remove him. I don’t need it to happen in that order.

As for public sentiment alone being valuable, even one person supporting Trump is too many, but I see us moving further toward an overwhelming majority of the US and the world hating him.

Unfortunately, if just enough of the right people support him, he remains in power.

Interesting timing on this “blooper”

In an apparent slip of the tongue on Sunday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu described Israel as a nuclear power before correcting himself with a bashful nod and an embarrassed smile.

Must finally be the Party Congress.

1 Like

I think SA is on board with this as it pushes them back behind the US in terms of Iranian ire. So they are happy to use the US as a dummy shield.

They still can’t explain how taking out the military leader would directly stop any attack.

2 Likes

Why does Israel pretend they don’t have nukes again?

1 Like