Unstuck’s Playlist A-Z

I found T really hard to narrow down to 1.

1 Like

Hey, I like this one.

1 Like

1 Like

The original version isn’t bad either.

3 Likes

Learn something new every day.

What can I say I can’t get enough of John Hiatt with Sonny Landreth.

Ween’s tribute to the late, great Funkadelic guitarist Eddie Hazel.

I’d prefer a more narrowed down playlist. I may have to do another thread with strict restrictions of one song per person per letter. I have goofy on my side. Let the dictatorship begin!

5 Likes

I’m just playing the cards that were dealt. And only angle shooting a little bit.

if you’re ever in a castle and hear this music drop then duck because you’re about to get teabagged by satan

Toccata & Fugue in D minor BWV 565, by J.S. Bach (probably)

The best way to hear this is live, on a mighty pipe organ, in a room with a ceiling that’s higher than peyton manning’s forehead. But pipe organs sound depleted on youtube so I’m linking a version that Bach would have never heard, an arrangement for full orchestra. The first few bars are what everyone knows but my favorite part is the fugue (starts at 36:32). In a perfect world I’d link the scene from Fantasia (synesthesia ftw) but all the uploads are crap.

two of my backups for T were sporty:
This Week in Baseball theme song (Gathering Crowds)
Tribute to Troy (don’t care about USC but credit where credit’s due, it’s a strong 60 seconds)

2 Likes

I was fortunate to grow up in a small town with a weird history of rich guys and therefore a pretty cool music hall with a pipe organ. I probably didn’t appreciate it as much as I should have, but enjoyed several performances there.

I never knew this until reading it tonight, but apparently this pipe organ was originally in the old Boston Music Hall, the original home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. It was purchased at auction and brought to my hometown in the late 1800’s by one of the rich guys.

1 Like

Well, this is the last letter where I think people will have a lot of songs (or at least I do)-- maybe W but I still don’t think nearly as many as S and T.

Anyway, here’s another one.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve put in any Zombies yet, so

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

A few of us have brought up Squeeze a lot; this might be my favorite of theirs, or very close to it.

1 Like

A double Usher

No "U"s in my 2020 top 100 :-1: