Unstuck’s Playlist A-Z

I read it as an unwritten rule so it’s not a big deal and I’m sure meb won’t be too cross about it.

Plurality of Yanks itt makes the time difference a big factor.

Also from HD

another Soft Boys, one of their best

Two songs, same title (sort of)

Obligatory foreign language song (with the same song title no less)

Song is from the anime Assassination Classroom. The song is sung by the actors in the series that formed a temporary band called 3-Nen E-Gumi Utatan.

3 Likes
1 Like

Definitely don’t need to wait for me to kick off the new day. I’m gonna sit back on Q day and let you all teach me what I’m missing from my playlist today.

Let’s go with one that will get you smiling and ready to kick ass

2 Likes

I would hear this song every day in my local poker room.

1 Like

Let’s dip back over to the Fiery Furnaces.

1 Like

Fucked-Up-Queen-Of-Hearts-compressed 6a01116901308f970c01543342cd76970c-500wi

Queen of Hearts - Fucked Up

Recording

Video

1 Like

Woo-hoo, I still have a few.

This was my “no way in hell am I getting sniped, so I have at least one” backup.

1 Like

ah, cool, i can get one more in. I admittedly thought this would have been posted by now.

If I made a top-20 list of historical parties I’d most like to crash then Franz Schubert’s so-called Schubertiads would breeze onto it. And in a probably-related fact, Franz Schubert died of syphilis aged 31. Man, Schubert’s life was so lovable & so doomed. It’s very sad to think of the music he never got to write. But he wrote a shocking amount in the time he had, to the point where it’s hard to imagine even trying to recopy his music in the same amount of time he took to actually compose it. He was a genius. For the last few years of his life he knew death was looming, and in some of his later music there’s a tension between his being pissed about everything, and his reverence and also his yearning for the truest sheerest beauty behind the world that he sensed was barely, permanently, unattainable

this Q is for Quintet, the slow movement of a string quintet that Schubert wrote two months before he died in 1828. It’s not the most user-friendly piece but you might think of it almost as 19th-century ambient music. Here’s what the modern pianist Rubinstein had to say about it

a good recording of the adagio from Franz Schubert’s String Quintet in C, D.956

2 Likes

All right, pretty much near the end here. Not even really one of my favorites off this album, but, hey, it’s still GBV, and it’s Bee Thousand, and that’s pretty good.

Let’s start the day by kicking down your door.