Unstuck’s Playlist A-Z

painful to stick to one piece per letter, so just as a quick palate cleanser, the letter I also = In the Hall of the Mountain King, because it’s cool to see Denis Matsuev beat a piano to death

shameless / fun piano version (btw he’s playing this as an encore so the audience has no idea what’s coming)
an orchestral version that’s maybe crazier

2 Likes

Been waiting all thread for the letter “I” :100:

Only three more days until the time comes to post her best song imo

2 Likes

That shameless fun version is great and like the exact opposite of how I played back when I played. My instructor was like, “Yes, Risky, technically perfect and yet soulless.” But you can see the cadence of each note in Denis’ every expression.

Lil Wayne stakes his claim as the greatest rapper alive. This is Wayne at his peak. An artist and poet playing with words, rhymes, and metaphor. NSFW, obviously.

“I’m Me” was on The Carter III mix tape that we copped on the street in NYC back in '07, but it didn’t make it on to the studio released album The Carter III.

Wayne’s flow and the beat are laid over a sample from Moby’s “God Moving Over the Face of the Water”, the song that plays at the very end of the movie Heat.

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

PopCure!

5 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes

I is such a loaded letter

1 Like

Deep category here. Let’s start with some classic grime.

1 Like

Love this band so much. They are awesome live too and frequently have to get booted from the stage or they would play for hours.

1 Like

feel like shit just want Adam Schlesinger back

1 Like

Interesting, I guess I need to check that out. I like The Slow Wonder but nothing’s really done it for me from him or the NPs post-Twin Cinema.

1 Like
1 Like

Finding the right version of this song is tough. Their first EP was great, but it’s impossible to find, and the version of this on their first full-length is so sterile by comparison.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Man, I didn’t get the chance to post “Ever Fallen in Love?” or “Everybody’s Happy Nowadays” on E day.

Here’s an instant classic from 2003 that somehow finished last in a Walrus about 2000s indie rock.

1 Like