Unstuck’s Playlist A-Z

1 Like

Almost forgot this one when I went through my music the first time. My favorite song of theirs; it was only available on a Geffen rarities compilation for a long time.

One more indie one before I get to a couple better-known faves.

i had to go look the other song up but man i love that song, nostalgic.

I only have two left so I’m gonna knock em out before we move on to F. First, one you all know, although I’m reminded I forgot “Airbag” earlier.

And, as one of my other entries earlier said, “What Madonna said really helped / She said ‘Boy, you’d better learn to express yourself’”

1 Like

I don’t even come close to having the depth of music exposure others here do so I’m participating sparingly. Here’s my “E” contribution. My favorite Marley song I think.

2 Likes

Oh crap, I nearly forgot this.

F Songs. I already shared one Grimes song earlier, but have to share my favorite.

2 Likes

Mannequin was filmed at Woolworth’s
Boyz II Men still keeping up the beat

(Jesus, this video takes a long time to get to the actual song.)

a favorite album of mine that is largely overlooked because of the band’s One Song.

I missed two E songs:

Ministry - Effigy
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence.

Anyway, one of my first celebrity crushes (proving that I was always a little weird…but he was HOT)

2 Likes

Almost picked two pieces that for separate reasons are connected to the usa for me (Fanfare by Copland; Fratres by Arvo Part), but am going with a third that is extremely England.

F = Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis, by Ralph Vaughan Williams. The whole thing’s a dream but my favorite part is the first four minutes.

It’s used in movies all the time but lately people remember it from Master and Commander, one of the most underrated movies of the 21st century. In a battle of dueling dueling pirate movies, Master and Commander got trounced by Pirates of the Caribbean, which some argue was a fork in the road that led to Marvel’s sucking the air out of the room for the last decade

TURN IT UPPPP
my favorite recorded version
a solid live version
–bonus! the 60-second original 16th-century hymn by Tallis, i.e. this is what Vaughan Williams sampled

2 Likes

Almost punky in its angular staccato aggression, 8 years prior…

1 Like
1 Like