Unstuck Live Chat

Posting on Unstuck is obviously great but I feel like sometimes it might be cool to have an ongoing live chat for specific topics, rather than posting and waiting for responses. I know that I fall behind in threads and then I don’t know where to start and get paralysis by analysis but if I’m on one of my Discord servers I can just hop into a conversation whenever. All this is a long way of saying I made an Unstuck Discord in case that is something that interests people: Discord.

My idea is that people can just use this to have general conversations when they’re bored. If you’re not familiar with Discord it’s basically a video game chat app; however you can make your own servers and talk about whatever you want. .Accounts are free to make. They made one on 2p2 for video games but it never took off and maybe this won’t work either. My only concern is that people might end up making “good posts” over there that don’t make their way over to the forum but we can sort that out if it ever starts to happen. Anyway let me know what you think and if this is a good idea or a bad one or whatever.

If this takes off there’s a plugin for the forum that can send notifications to a Discord server.

Oh that’s neat. Also if someone has a better chat app than Discord we can use that, it’s just the only one I’m familiar with and I think it works pretty well.

think i deleted the old one, but im down for this new one

Yeah it’s not there anymore, I guess I should have searched before I did this. If it’s a bad idea or people don’t think it will work I’m glad to shut it down.

Not sure, I just don’t know where there’s a thread that people shoot the shit about whatever topic is on their mind at the time. Like a ‘forum’ and a ‘live chat’ feel different to me but that might be a personal thing and not a real issue.

I think it’s more that I’ll just hop on Discord and send some messages vs a forum where I feel like I get lots with all the new discussions and takes more time to read and post? Idk

I want the convenience of Discord with the content of Unstuck, basically. However I obviously wouldn’t want to hurt this forum and I don’t know how popular the idea would be so it’s cool if we deem it a “bad idea” and just move on.

That sounds like a cool idea, let’s see how that does vs a separate server, I’ll delete it for now.