UNOfficial Community Vote: Unstuck Politics is a democracy

It’s a serious thread, and a real thing binding vote.

I can’t imagine why you’d imagine otherwise. In fact, right now anti-democracy is winning 24-18. If that lead holds up, this will be the last ever official community vote here on unstuck. That seems serious to me.

I wouldn’t label your posting ITT as “bad faith”… as you knew that I knew that you weren’t being serious. But it obviously wasn’t a “good faith” attempt to advance the conversation.

It’s a facebook groups site. It’s not a regular facebook page. Facebook groups is the functional equivalent to proboards (where exiled was hosted), or the ad-supported discourse hosting, You don’t need a facebook account to view it.

Oh, the actual owner agreed to abide by the terms?

you gonna give credit to cuse for ownership too?

No, of course not, because I know what ownership means and who owns the site.

but he created it tho. bc you know what created means, and you know who created it. thanks for clarifying

You mean to tell me that an owner can be different from a creator?

so do you know cuse or not? this could change things

For a short, still-grunching answer:

Like, literally, fucking, all of them.

Every~ online community forum, whether it’s about flashlights (old-school 2p2 callback) or fleshlights or whatever, will have a LC offtopic subforum largely unmoderated and a politcal forum even more unmoderated. The challenge would be for you to find one that doesn’t (probably an easy challenge, I’m speaking loosely, but you get my point {or maybe you don’t but I know a fraction of people reading this will and I won’t spoil the surprise of who they are}).

They understand that fleshlight and flashlight talk should be tightly moderated and thusly have the other forums specifically for an unmoderated outlet. The problem with this forum is that it’s only a LC offtopic and political forum.

More specifically, the problem with this forum is that, and believe me I’m more shocked than anybody, despite the serious poker playing and subsequent higher educations and successful careers and what not, you all are just not terribly smart. Like, not actually smart. Believe me, nobody is more shocked that myself. It’s a 180 from how I used to think, that all the people on 2p2, even the “dumb” people, were sharp.

Here’s the point of that previous paragraph: The only reason you all have this view of moderation is because 2p2 was a gambling strategy website, at one point one of the biggest and most important websites on all the internet. If somebody asked whether their 3b bluff on the river was bad, you couldn’t have people replying that yes, it is, it is stupid and they are stupid and that’s why their parents got divorced. That would be a fucking disaster. However, if there was a topic where it was topically relevant to tell somebody that they’re stupid and that’s why their parents got divorced, then of course it could and should be said as it might lead to a separate form of vigorous debate and fun. So, non-gambling subforums were created. This is such a simple concept to understand for somebody like myself that it’s taken me 3 years or 20, depending on how we’re counting, to realize that you all are not trolling and you simply just, don’t, get it.

But lol if you want a specific example, like I said gimme a sec.

lmao imagine writing this 5+ paragraph screed that no one will read including me and at the end the you get completely owned by the following:

Don’t

see

any

links

p.s.

We will all post each instance [doxxing removed], since one of your ways was referenced.

People on a politics forum not understanding how representative democracy works explains a lot.

haha

So that’s the saddest fucking thing I’ve ever read. You’ve never actually had friends? How’s that even possible?

I’m not buying it.

Please let that thread Ikes linked to be the one I think it is at the end.

You mean me? The poll doesn’t ask whether UP is a representative democracy? There is a big difference between a representative democracy and a democracy. Which is the entire point of my posting that you seem to have missed.

Representative democracy is a subset of democracy, not an alternative.

Which type of democracy do you think Sabo was talking about? People here quite clearly seem to be complaining about representative democracy so I assumed they were talking about something else. I assumed pure democracy.

This is doxxing, again. Because you can’t help yourself. And also, you’re so fucking dumb, you don’t even realize that I have never made a cent from the… doxxing… that you just did… again.

read that one though huh