Ukraine, Russia, and the West

I really hope not - cause all we’d really be doing is needlessly sacrificing the lives of Ukrainian citizens.

1 Like

Biden has been extremely disappointing.

Every step of the way he has portrayed absolute weakness.

Is Danby Riverman? Also, I don’t understand this post.

Ukraine is actively recruiting foreign volunteers. If you’re so hellbent on escalation why don’t your march your happy ass over there and sign up?

8 Likes

We would have lost WW2 if Biden was in charge.

Send in the MIGs.

Biden personally vetoed the MIG deal because he keeps folding every time Putin raises.

Syria is sending in 15 000 troops.
Belarus is going to march their army into Ukraine today.

We can’t donate MIGs?

Still didn’t answer my question about Riverman, also how are these troops getting from Syria to Ukraine? Will Turkey let them fly through?

Russia seems to be a fan of sending Muslims into the Ukrainian meat grinder. First The Chechens and now the Syrians.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1502330642285084679?s=20&t=LWztfAHjBv2uWmnqnJxz5w

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1502329231975534598?s=20&t=LWztfAHjBv2uWmnqnJxz5w

https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1502315019706552322?s=20&t=jW3P0q-4Fjmv4PCI5VLRqg

No I am not Riverman. I just love his avatar so much I bought myself an NFT.

1 Like

You’re way more upbeat and optimistic than a 50+ year old should ever be.

You might have me confused with someone else. But I just deal with depression and anxiety differently from Putin. For some reason approaching old age and death doesn’t make me want to destroy millions of lives.

4 Likes

Russia is already losing. To stop them from lobbing bombs into cities we would need boots on the ground likely to engage in a quagmire while inciting WWIII.

The best option can still be terrible.

2 Likes

Yeah similar experience for me. I know posting “after” pictures can be difficult so thanks for sharing. One thing I was trying to convey is that the changes can be subtle and not obvious to others. Most of my doctors couldn’t see it at all. I’m not saying Putin has obvious moon facies from steroids, just that it seems like one of several plausible explanations for the changes in his face. When I saw the close-up shots of him, my gut reaction was “whoa this dude’s sick” and not “failed botox / plastic surgery” which seems to be the angle that most of the internet is on. But that phenomenon might be explainable by most people being able to name more Kardashians than state capitals.

1 Like

This seems correct. In the span of 2 years he conquered and seized a portion of an independent European nation, and successfully sabotaged a presidential election in the premier Western power. In the 21st century. All while the rest of the world collectively shrugged. Can you blame him for thinking he’s invincible.

Trump doesn’t drink either.

#bridgesales

6 Likes

The woman who cuts my hair is from Okhtyrka, Ukraine. Her mom is still there. Needless to say she’s a little distraught right now. They are able to talk over cel phone most days.

Her grandma lost two young children to starvation in the Holodomor. She said Ukrainians tend to hold that against Stalin, not everyday Russians. But they have not forgotten.

Oh yeah - Kharkiv sounds more like Harkeet when she says it. I couldn’t figure out what she was saying at first.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nigelgd1/status/1502334080196751368?s=21

As the famine was happening, news of it was deliberately silenced by Soviet bureaucrats. Party officials did not mention it in public. Western journalists based in Moscow were instructed not to write about it. One of the most famous Moscow correspondents at the time, Walter Duranty of The New York Times , went out of his way to dismiss reports of the famine when they were published by a young freelancer, Gareth Jones, as he “thought Mr. Jones’s judgment was somewhat hasty.” Jones was murdered under suspicious circumstances in 1935 in Japanese-occupied Mongolia. Stalin himself went so far as to repress the results of a census taken in 1937; the administrators of that census were arrested and murdered, in part because the figures revealed the decimation of Ukraine’s population.

Same as it ever was. Russian leaders really suck. Shout out to NY Times.

1 Like