Ukraine Invasion 2: no more Black Sea fleet for you

Are the multiple world leaders threatening to use nukes right now?

https://twitter.com/Liv_Boeree/status/1574795769990811648

https://twitter.com/R82938886/status/1574865224108220423?t=4Nvi02nXixWK5vU1eOpZVg&s=19

10 Likes

I’ve noticed Liv recently saying some pretty dumb/false things that fit a narrative. I think she’s hooked up with a genuinely rich guy in Musk’s circle.

the captions writer has pretty great russian and scathing wit.

Man they just say the quiet part out loud. I’m not even sure if there is a quiet part anymore.

(they shout dirty insults at each other)

in reality they are discussing where to get another million of conscripts, and they are looking at security guard services, hypothetically there’s five million of such employees.

this is really dreadful. feels like days of the turbins only months away.

@bestof

1 Like

Are those real subtitles? I figured with the Twitter name they would not be. Plus that’s wild if legit. It sounded like the words matched up but I still want to think it’s like a well done “Downfall” edit.

2 Likes

I stole that image from some guy on Twitter and I feel bad for not crediting him. Jeb! meme is probably the GOAT, will never not be funny to me.

1 Like

:jeb: :jeb: :jeb:

3 Likes

not real

1 Like

If you told me it was real I would like 90% believe you.

moving to correct thread. annotated gopro footage of some international volunteers mission. looks like spring.

2 Likes

if my russian friends alive i can ask him to check, i dont trust anything coming out of there and kind of afraid to send him certain stuff. he verified for me once he had unmitigated access to twitter and instagram and all that after they all claimed it was shut off.

he last told me for several months he was looking to flee the country. lately he sounded far more urgent about it then havent heard in several days.

1 Like

Props to that one dude for calling him out. It’s just kept getting better and better. (Edit) assuming those captions are real. But, alas…

Not really a fan of fake subtitles. They basically celebrate English speakers’ ignorance of any language other than their own. Like all the Downfall bits rely on the assumption that German is not just incomprehensible to viewers, but so inconsequential it can be mocked.

1 Like

I love fake subtitles - unless the source is German. But not because German is mocked, but because reading the fake subtitles while hearing and automatically comprehending the original audio is confusing in ways it might be hard to comprehend for Americans.

2 Likes

Eh, Downfall works mainly because the actors are so emotive and passionate. It’s not just that German is incomprehensible, and some of better ones work in lines that fit a little with what is being said. The main humor is contrasting the high passions swirling amidst impending doom with Terrell Owens being signed by the Bills. Subtitling an evening news broadcast from Uzbekistan isn’t going to take off.

3 Likes

None of this tells me if the Russian subtitles about the older, less-fit guy being called up. I quit watching once he said there were plenty of ethnic minorities who should go instead … is that real? From this conversation I guess not.