Ukraine Invasion 2: no more Black Sea fleet for you

OK, if Chompsky’s earlier criticism of Trump doesn’t validate the heaps of praise for his statesmanship that Chompsky puts upon him, it certainly doesn’t make it go away or undo it or make it mean the opposite of what it plainly means, either, and it’s lol that you are trying to.

AND he slobbered all over him in an incredibly stupid fashion.

With respect to Trump’s diplomacy in the war in Ukraine, yes.

I mean, if you want to highlight a second dumbass thing he thinks, that’s on you.

1 Like

In context it seems like Chomsky (in the was going for irony - that of all people Trump is the one advocating for negotiation and de-escalation. Which, ok, sure. The problem isn’t that, the problem is that Chomsky clearly favors trying for a negotiated settlement at this point which is just shockingly naive. Its like he spent 50 years warning everyone about fascism but never considered how to handle actual fascists.

4 Likes

Hey Wookie, remember this?

It’s childish dude. Why do you always have to establish Internet Dominance over every poster who has weird ideas? I am going to go google idontbelieveyou.gif now so that I can post it if you try to claim that you sincerely think that the thread needs it explained to them that Chomsky holding Trump up as some kind of anti-war figure is dumb.

2 Likes

guy who thinks elizabeth warren did nothing wrong has thoughts about how leftism is going to make progress lmao

Bro you’re personally responsible for turning more people away from leftism than everyone in this forum combined. Maybe sit this one out.

2 Likes

Apparently, Ukranian tractors have better anti-theft tech than Russian tanks…

"Russian troops in the occupied city of Melitopol have stolen all the equipment from a farm equipment dealership – and shipped it to Chechnya, according to a Ukrainian businessman in the area.

But after a journey of more than 700 miles, the thieves were unable to use any of the equipment – because it had been locked remotely."

1 Like

Can’t let military tech like that fall into enemy hands.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure sending Gold Star chili is a war crime.

https://twitter.com/whiotv/status/1520904663993831427?s=21&t=Ib6mEKkdPeuNj3Z54sw_sg

2 Likes

Fun fact: Middletown is where JD Vance grew up and is about 30 minutes from where I grew up. Our high schools were in the same sports league

this seems like a pretty generous reading of Trump’s position, which tbh he really hasn’t articulated, but if we assume based on what little trump has actually said, his position isn’t “deescalation” in the general sense, it’s “unilateral capitulation by the ukrainians” which I guess does result in a sort of de-escalation but only if you really stretch the bounds of the word.

I kinda half-remember this functionality being controversial and wrapped up in the whole right-to-repair thing Deere keeps getting sued over.

That would make sense. I’m not really up on the latest in farm equipment tech, but the article made it sound like it had quite a few remote access and monitoring features.
So it wouldn’t surprise me if the system could identify when a farmer did certain DIY repairs/upgrades instead of taking it to the dealership.

Lol at trump having positions. And yeah, it is a generous reading of what he said. Which is the problem. I mean Jesus Christ, Chomsky - Chomsky! Arguably the most important linguist of the 20th century doesn’t seem to realize that Trump doesn’t use language to convey information, he uses it only to manipulate. Either that or he doesn’t care and is using Trump to bolster his point, which is petty and means that he also doesn’t understand Putin.

It’s like he’s become some postmodern Cassandra – spent his entire public life warning of rising fascism, now that it’s come true he doesn’t believe himself.

5 Likes

Contrarianism is a hell of drug. So is the olds.

https://twitter.com/campskunk/status/1520768707865169920?s=20&t=eIAnSJFIWeXK8_HWh-5mEw

kinda weird they removed it. if it was small and minor it’s usually left in. Big ones get taken out… but tend to not be so minor. No hard rules here though, and I’m not up to date on russian battlefield medicine.

also - 20 officers - yikes

I agree, it’s just that “its the West that wants this war” is such a moronic take I’m pretty rustled to hear it come from Chomsky. I mean the choice is either war today or genocide today and war tomorrow, of course any rational leader wants war today.

2 Likes

And this time they’re right. You think Putin’s media is a more reliable source?