Trump's America

So you’re thinking that moving to a Confederate state will be an upgrade?

Charleston’s a cool city, though.

If the weather is what you’re looking forward to, then I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

On that list I’ve got Austin >>>>>Nashville>Charleston>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jacksonville.

Uh, you really don’t need a qualifier in there. Southern food is one of the best this country has to offer, and midwest is easily the worst.

1 Like

For when you need it :slight_smile:

lawn

1 Like

I mean…I like Cincinnati-style chili more than I like Carolina-style barbecue, but I did spend some time in an Ohio community during a period where Applebee’s was legitimately the best sit-down restaurant in that area.

1 Like

Charleston is way more than a BBQ city, they have a lot of good food there. Seafood, low country food, etc… Charleston and Savannah are two very good cities for food and drink.

1 Like

This. Dont these shitty lights increase the chance that the cops shoot an innocent since you can no longer see shit on people’s front porches?

1 Like

This is blasphemy.

3 Likes

Yeah, this. Lowcountry cuisine is a major player in southern cooking with an important cultural history and outsize influence. Midwestern cuisine is… barely even a real thing and mostly just inferior versions of Northern European food.

1 Like

This is insane. Carolina-style BBQ may not be the best BBQ, but it’s not bad. On the other had, Cincy chili is definitely the nut low chili.

1 Like

That’s a no from me, dawg

1 Like

I admit that it is because I have a personal and emotional connection to the area and that particular food.

2 Likes

Redacted for privacy.

1 Like

Since we live in the timeline where parody is reality, I now expect a cop to kill an unarmed black man in Ohio on blue light night and get away with it because he couldn’t see clearly. After the not-guilty verdict, the state will consider making the blue light thing permanent.

1 Like

I’ll say this for the Midwest, the beer culture is pretty great.

1 Like

The problem is that you got a bad chicken fried steak. Great CFS is amazing.

1 Like

I’m not a huge beer guy, but my impression is that both coasts have it beat easily.

We have fantastic beer in Minnesota and very good food if you want to pay for it.

There are probably more Confederate flags in Southern Ohio than Charleston.

I’ll easily believe that you’ve got good Minnesota beers, but what even qualifies as Minnesota food culture? Lutefisk?