Trump's America

conservatives will accept them as white some time around december 2049. they did it with the irish, the italians, the catholics. they’ll just find some new group to be afraid of

Any poor white guy who thinks hes behind because some mexican took his job or some negro got it because of affirmstive action IS deplorable. Does that mean hes irredemable? No, but before he can be reddemed he has to admit to himself that those views are vile and fucked up and until he does he is a lost cause.

1 Like

In 2050 we will be voting on whether we are led by the Corleone family or the Bonanno family, just like today. Well, a lot of you probably will. That’s borderline for me on the actuarial tables.

1 Like

Nope. He doesn’t have to admit shit, his vote still counts the same. All you have to do is tell him that it was a robot not an immigrant that took his job, and that he needs to get his head out of his ass and stop blaming the wrong thing.

Most of them just want to believe that the person talking to them cares if they live or die or not. Tell them that you’ll work on fixing the problem in a credible way and they’re eating out of your hand 30 seconds later.

I can Yang a lower middle class white dude in under two minutes. That’s because the message hits home like a train carrying trucks. He used a self checkout in the last 12 hours usually and knows in his bones that his boss wants to replace him with a robot.

Horseshit. You think its as easy as saying “No good sir, it wasnt the negro who took your job, it was the robots! We wont give you your job back but will teach you how to fix those robots that took your job and give you a job doing that Mr. 57 year old racist.”

3 Likes

exactly. and on top of that, these people like literally idolize the wealthy that are fucking them over.

2 Likes

No. You tell him that the robot has his job and that job is dead af. You then tell him that someone wants to give him a thousand dollars a month forever and he can use that money to figure it out… and that you solemnly promise to never tell him to learn to code. Then ask him if he has anything he’d actually like to do in life, and before my 120 seconds are up he’s started talking about the small business he’d like to start, or the job he’d like to try to do, or has started talking about how he could use the 1000 a month to do what he’s doing now but live like a human being.

A lot of you have absolutely no idea how big of a deal the 1000 a month is to people who are out of lifelines. None of them actually believe a negro took their job… they’re just angry, scared, and more than happy to latch onto racism (which you aren’t going to talk them out of if they made it to their 50’s with it) extra tight when they feel that way.

Donald Trump didn’t win MI/WI/OH/PA because of racism. He won because their life expectancy is going down and there are fewer and fewer good jobs to to around every year. That despite the fact that the Democrats were in the WH for the 8 years prior.

They are constantly being fed propaganda about how those wealthy people are going to come in and revitalize their communities to be fair. What exactly do you think shows like Shark Tank are?

Fox News relentlessly covers any time a factory opens in some bumfuck Egypt town, and says absolutely nothing when one closes. When a capitalist creates 50 job in Ohio it’s a major news story and when he lays off 500 people it gets covered for an hour on the local news and gets no pickup at all nationally.

Holy shit, no youre wrong. This Hillbilly elegy, financial insecurity crap is fucking bullshit.

If these guys were worried about financial insecurity, why are they not hard in the paint for the only party who has ever championed union rights?

Hint: its because racism

6 Likes

It all comes back to the fact that poor people really just don’t vote, and those that do, mostly vote dem. I’m kinda realizing that boredsocial and I are thinking of entirely different people when we think about the white, non-college, working class.

1 Like

Haha what the heck am I reading

7 Likes

Oh that’s right, you don’t care what the message is as long as we get the vote…

https://twitter.com/andy_sellars/status/1219662774608908288

4 Likes

Lawbros,

The cops aren’t going to listen to you.

3 Likes

But #AbolishICE is the mark of a completely unserious person.

1 Like

12 Likes

I don’t know Germany much, but France is not a very socially liberal place. For example, what happened with that vote was that it passed with modification. The modification being that it will only be covered by the state health insurance if deemed ‘medically necessary’, that is if you’ve tried to get pregnant naturally and a doctor has said there’s a problem. So, in fact, just one of those scum bag ways the right carries out its repression in other guises, as how exactly will same sex couples, single women, etc. meet that requirement? They won’t, obviously, and that’s the point.

1 Like

Nothing to do with Florida Man, really. Just another example of USA#1.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/01/29/terrall-ellis-jail-death-video/

pretty typical oklahoma jail… they’ve killed like 2 or 3 people like that in the last couple years.

off the top of my head i can name 3 other times not including that one an oklahoma jail let/caused someone die rather than help them since i moved here.

eta- looked up the stats real quick. in just tulsa county not all of oklahoma, 30 people died between 2006 and 2017. 11 of those 30 were found to be totally preventable with reasonable care.

Maybe it shouldn’t anymore, but it still blows my fucking mind.

How depraved of a person do you have to be to not see other humans as humans?

1 Like