Trump's America

Please don’t.

5 Likes

This could lead to procreating with Melissa.

Hint: Do not procreate with Melissa.

Edit: instead procreate with my pony. He should be slow enough to catch.

5 Likes

lol wtf

It’s the same in the UK atm… Except these types over here can’t name a policy.

Melissa needs to be a meme

More infuriating: Melissa or Karen?

Melissa in my book… But I don’t have a boss to worry about.

Karen is imo more vindictive and knows exactly what she’s doing, I believe Melissa has been overtaken by a Cult… :relaxed:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/fbi-arrests-alleged-members-of-white-supremacist-group-the-base/2020/01/16/ae8c01d4-386b-11ea-bf30-ad313e4ec754_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Well.

“al-Qaeda” means “the base” in Arabic, so we already have the Y’all Qaeda jokes baked right in.

2 Likes

notice where they placed the “alleged”

Iowa doesn’t really count.

¿Qué?

Their position in the caucus/primary calendar gives them a lot of power. And they are definitely a swing state in 2020.

yeah they count the primary I was just thinking of the general. Iowa is a swing state? Seems like if Iowa is in play the Democrats have it locked up.

It’s definitely in play. 3 of their 4 house districts went blue in 2018. The last one (noted assclown Steve King) only won by like 3 points.

I wouldn’t assume every thing is “locked up” though.

Since Reagan, it’s gone:
Dukakis
Clinton
Clinton
Gore
Bush
Obama
Obama
Trump

That Trump won Iowa by 9.41% was disconcerting, but Dems got the majority of votes in Congressional elections in 2018 after not doing so for several cycles. (How far back, I’m not sure.) Iowa is becoming increasingly urban and the non-white population is growing, so that in a couple of decades, it might seem more representative of how people currently view the Democratic coalition.

Nevertheless in 2020 there really is not a map where Trump loses Iowa but wins the election.

the other thing the “demographic” studies of Iowa doesn’t capture is their level of political engagement as compared to the rest of their neighbors. When I went, it was really hard to find anyone who didn’t know what was going on. They just seem to care more than the average random voter in other states.

I’m sure that’s anecdotal, but looking at their voting record, it seems to indicate they aren’t as highly partisan and perhaps more “thinking” than some might think.

But then again…

Well, I didn’t say some of them weren’t weird

1 Like

I’m guessing this is the effect of having outsized importance in the primary process.

Change the first in the nation caucus to Kansas for a couple of cycles, and Iowa will be just like everywhere else in terms of political engagement.

Oh, I agree, and tbh, I feel like it’s an even better reason to rotate the primary calendar! The more people think they actually have a say in the matter, the more they get involved, no matter the demographic makeup of your state.

1 Like