Trump Town Hall Underlevered Viewing Coordination & Commentary

fwiw, I doubt this hurt trump whatsoever, he got an hour to stand up to the clearly against him media. Maybe even bonus points because it was a woman.

He needs a bit more than that though at this stage.

He pondered to his base. It’s not working with everyone else.

Thanks to the Trump commentators. Looking forward to the video clips.

I started watching JRBs but he was pretty boring so I was pretty happy I got interrupted by a phone call. So good job, Joe.

A first :grinning:

4 Likes

Haha oops.

1 Like

You have invoked the three hypostases of the triune Unstuck God. All kneel before God the Narrator, God the SweetSummerChild, and God the Lawbro.

38 Likes

Does anyone else have the urge to palm George Alphabet’s head like a basketball and slam it through a solid oak table?

1 Like

So just feedback from someone who had to choose which to listen to while I was on the road.

I started off listening to Trump and tried to imagine being a fan. But it was just boring aside from the fairly good questions. His responses at this point are boilerplate bullshit. You need to be a hardcore junkie to still get off on Trump playing the same greatest hits over and over and over. But those people have moved on, too. They need that same intoxicating outrage, and unfortunately Trump raised their tolerance so high that they’re turning to QAnon to get their next fix. He’s as guaranteed to bomb as a Terminator sequel. Yeah there are a bunch of people excited for yet another one, but most people, even the ones who will watch it, wonder who thought this was a good idea to trot out AGAIN.

I turned to Biden expecting to turn it off soon from being bored for other reasons, but I ended up keeping him on. He took plenty of shots at Trump and also gave elegant, articulate answers on both personal and policy positions. In brighter times, it might have been boring, but as things stand, Biden’s calm was the relief we have all sought the last four years.

8 Likes

@BestOf oh my goodness, I believe I’ve finally found my religion

5 Likes

How can these motherfuckers still unironically think there’s some serious discussion to be had about court packing? Stephy looked generally dumbfounded that Biden wouldn’t directly answer the question.

Based on this I would say Trump deserves another four years.

1 Like

This was a good typo

2 Likes

There’s been so much discussion he’s in a box on it and really his only non bad play is to play both sides. Biden’s smart enough to know not to make it the headline in the papers.

We still don’t know if we even can talk about it in his presidency, still a good chance only 50/51 senators if he wins on the dem side and lord at trying to get someone like feinstein/manchin/etc/etc on that side of the fence.

“I’m not answering because I don’t want to make headlines” is not how you show you’re smart enough to not make headlines, though.

well there isn’t a good way to answer it without mostly just dodging it without people leaping to headline conclusions.

Sure, he was a world class athlete. He probably could have trained to run a competitive 100 meters. He could have trained to be a competent cornerback. It’s a different skill set and takes time, but when your body is built to be a sports machine, you can be competitive if you put in the work. Bo Jackson says hi

https://twitter.com/sawyerhackett/status/1316929990093582336?s=21

4 Likes

I wish the “moderator” of the Trump debate was male, because then I could call him a corporate whore.

Bo Knows was one of the greatest ad campaigns of all time

1 Like

“Leaning Trump”