Trump tax returns leaked. For realz.

Or as it will be spun “the greatest manipulator of government programs to ever live”. “Don’t you want to pay less tax? Trump is just smart enough to do it. MAGA!”

4 Likes

There is nothing more patriotic than, uhh, sticking it to Uncle Sam.

1 Like

That’s not what this is about. His supporters were never leaving him. Its about the independent voters that are too moronic to have decided by now whom to vote for. Even if it shifts 100K votes, that’s significant at this stage.

6 Likes

I’m not sure the tax returns themselves matter that much, but I think this shows the knives are out. Someone finally leaked this, and they timed it right before the first debate. All signs point to continued leaks up through the election.

15 Likes

None of this matters cause his supporters hate paying taxes. They think he is just smart.

3 Likes

Agree but honestly have no idea what could be leaked that would matter. The worst thing you can think of wouldn’t shift his support more than 2%.

1 Like

I do agree with that. It opens another avenue of attack ads. Trump bankrupted his businesses for decades, don’t let him bankrupt America.

2 Likes
1 Like

I literally pay more tax in a month than trump paid in two years.

8 Likes

Joe should ask Trump if he needs a loan at the debate

40 Likes

Holy fuck this would be the greatest move In debate history.

3 Likes

From the other thread, yea ok his supporters might say he’s smart for dodging taxes but I don’t see how they can be like oh he payed less than I do in taxes and be happy with that shit.

Imagine being happy because his tax cut gave you a few thousand more a year at expense of a bunch of govt services that you might need, while this clown has millions and didn’t even pay 1k in taxes.

1 Like

This is unambiguously good.

The goal is not to drastically change votes - Biden doesn’t need that as he’s already winning. It is to keep Trump on defense from now until election day.

26 Likes

This for sure and this one will DRIVE HIM
INSANE.

8 Likes

Trump Presser!

1 Like

Yeah, looking forward to Biden dropping in a “I’m not sure if you’re a tax cheat or just truly that bad at business, but either way, it’s pretty incredible that a man who claims to be so rich has paid nothing in taxes in 10 of 15 years.”

5 Likes

Its at his golf course. I’m not falling for it.

This is one of those times Trump could keep off twitter and let this be a little story or he could tweet about it all the time and keep reminding everyone of it.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how little business sense he has.

Anybody else in his position with the resources he started with would be one of the top 100 richest Americans.

3 Likes

Refunds require the approval of I.R.S. auditors and an opinion of the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation, a bipartisan panel better known for reviewing the impact of tax legislation. Tax law requires the committee to weigh in on all refunds larger than $2 million to individuals .

Records show that the results of an audit of Mr. Trump’s refund were sent to the joint committee in the spring of 2011. An agreement was reached in late 2014, the documents indicate, but the audit resumed and grew to include Mr. Trump’s returns for 2010 through 2013. In the spring of 2016, with Mr. Trump closing in on the Republican nomination, the case was sent back to the committee. It has remained there, unresolved, with the statute of limitations repeatedly pushed forward.

Precisely why the case has stalled is not clear.

I’ve got a guess.

8 Likes