Trump isn't trying to seize power

GFY, I’m not going to Keed around with you. You know damn well that your hero Greedy Grifty Glenn has been saying.

I’m not sure what probability there has to be of someone successfully seizing power for it to be appropriate for one to say of them “Soandso is trying to seize power” when it looks to a reasonable observer that they are doing many if not all things available to them to attempt to seize power, or why the probability of success has anything to do with whether one is trying something or not.

Most of those points are irrelevant. The Capitol Police doesn’t take orders from the President as far as I can tell, they’re governed by officers accountable to the Congress. I agree that many of those storming the capitol thought they were trying to use force to keep Trump in power but even if they were successful in their goals – kidnap or murder congressmen, Mike Pence, whatever – I don’t see how that could plausibly lead to Trump seizing power. There’s no path to success, Trump would just end up more disgraced and isolated than he is now. If you’re saying you think Trump is actually deranged enough to attempt that, OK, fine. I obviously disagree.

sounds good buddy, still have no idea what you’re talking about.

I’m saying that the probability of success is so small – it was zero on January 6, exactly zero – that I don’t think there’s any way Trump actually thought he could change the outcome. He incited the riot knowing it wasn’t going to change anything.

Absurd, but ok, I’m done with this inanity.

7 Likes

We took back our forum!

9 Likes

System worked and I hope no one resents anyone over what happened.

6 Likes

Most of that crowd showed up expecting trump to give them orders when they got there and he didn’t. Trump himself probably believed pence could just overturn the thing on his own.

He didn’t give explicit orders but his speech right before they stormed the capitol where he says “we have to be strong and fight for our country” to “stop them from stealing the election from patriots” and “to be brave and fight” are kind of orders that some interpreted in a way that lead to what happened

right, he’s very good at the talk that means one thing to some people and one thing to another, but his playbook is to just yell at people.
The whole incident and leading up to it is a tough thing to map out given the lack of brain cells all around.

Why is Rudy not getting heat for imploring them to resort to “trial by combat” only a couple of hours before the terrorist attack?

clowns rarely get heat

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1354104319008600065?s=20

Nice little bow tie to wrap up this thread.

2 Likes

Lol:

Definitely wasn’t trying to seize power though.

1 Like

You must be mistaken. I was certainly told it was not a coup.

1 Like

Trump has spewed a whole lot of defenses on Troof Social, and, amazingly, “I was only kidding!” isn’t one of them!

1 Like

Well this certainly didn’t age well

1 Like