Treasurer/Admin opening

I would like to be replaced as Treasurer/Admin.

1. In keeping with what I would like to be the way this site operates, I think it would be very good if there is some rotation of responsibilities around here.

2. I’d like to participate more actively in some of the decisions that people are talking about making, but not really doing the work to find out what the community thinks and, as an admin, I feel quite inhibited from being able to do this.

Requirements for the position: You have to be acceptable to the other admins and to the membership generally. You have to be willing to be known to the other admins by your real life info - real name, phone number, email. I think it’s also a fairly important thing that you are willing to be known to some people in the community in real real life.

When there is a change in treasurer, I will make sure that anyone with recurring donations is cool with it/has the opportunity to cancel their subscription, and have their info on Patreon removed.

Don’t be shy - apply! It’s more of a duty than an honor. The site needs you. Please help.

Also, it’s super easy. The routine stuff takes less than an hour a week. Setting up Patreon and Adsense to interact with Discourse was a little work, but that’s done.

I would be willing to do this but for the “people know your IRL identity” aspect

I don’t know for sure that rules you out. It doesn’t matter much to me, but I think it will matter to at least some of the people who are doing transactions with the site.

I’ve asked someone to take it up & hope he/she does.

They will need a good excuse not too, as I see them as being able & responsibility is at the posters forefront. :sunglasses:

I believe it’s only a handful of admins that have to know - not everybody.

My pick has dropped out due to workload. Sorry peeps :unamused:

What are the specific duties here? Is there anything that would require relatively constant attention and/or immediate action? Or is it the kind of thing that someone could do by just setting aside some time every other weekend?

The latter. I had done updates for a while as they came in, but I’m probably just doing them once a week or every other week from now on. The Patreon and AdSense stuff is all automatic. Paypal or other donations aren’t, but it’s not like the Treasurer is required to reply to requests immediately (and there have only been a couple Paypal donations - not like it’s a big deal).

Ok, consider me volunteered.

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks. Anyone having any thoughts on spidercrab as Treasurer/Admin should of course feel free to discuss here, but I’ll start another thread at some point specifically for discussion and voting/approval and I’ll reach out to the subscribers and other admins.

Cool, glad to see other people take a more active role in everything. One thing I want to make sure you understand since it’s a bit vague in the OP - the real money Patreon and AdSense accounts will be in your name and you will be directly responsible for distributing those funds. Is that OK with you?

Yes, as long as it’s clear that I’m not the one making the decision of how to distribute those funds. I’ll send a message to you and micro with my personal info.

Current disbursement decisions are being made by microdaughter. You’ll have to coordinate directly with her.

2 Likes

Transfer is being handled in bits and pieces. The Adsense account might not be as easy as this, but I just gave Spidercrab access to Patreon with a new username and password. Spider, please post when you’ve changed the account info and then I’ll no longer have access. The Patreon balance atm is $196.20.