Travel Photo of the Day

@best of. On a site saturated with amazing photos, this is the best one I have seen.

1 Like

May want to consider sharing this pic here too:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll consider it! But the market is so saturated with great photographers I’m just a dime a dozen

1 Like

Oh, now I recognize who you are. You have an absolutely incredible eye for photography, and you should totally be working on a way to get paid for it. I just love your material.

1 Like

Well thanks! I do remember you touting my ‘Stans album to some people on 2p2 a few years ago, I appreciate it.

Here’s one of my favorites from Tajikistan, we had 5 of us in a jeep wanting to do a day hike, the driver dropped us off and basically said, ok I’ll pick you up on the other side of this mountain range in 10 hours. Sure. This was the very beginning of the hike, this yurt family was brewing up some warm yogurt in a huge pot, but it wasn’t kumis, thank god.

The least physically fit person on this trip almost croaked, I have a photo somewhere of her laying in a field of gravel not moving, giving up, but we did eventually make it out alright, I’d have to check with her If I can post it lol

13 Likes

What camera are these shot with?

It’s a Canon 5d mk2, lenses are 17-40mm f/4 L and 70-200 f/4 L. Kinda old tech by today’s standards

2 Likes

I had a 7D back in the day that I loved. I used to really enjoy it as a hobby but had to sell it a long time ago when I was young and broke lol. Thought about trying to get into it again. Do you still use it?

Actually somewhat interesting story, the waterproofing had worn off on the camera and I got ambitious taking some photos in Nicaragua where the camera was getting soaked by the waves crashing and it kinda killed the electronics.

Then at my Airbnb in Granada (Nicaragua) which was an open kitchen set up, someone fished out my broken camera from the tabletop, so they got my mostly useless camera, but they did get the 17-40 mm f4 lens to go with it.

So I’m in the market for a new camera now

3 Likes

This was over the top of the pass in Tajikistan, there was no real trail, just kinda skidding down on the gravel

14 Likes

These are Nat Geo-worthy. Just fantastic shots.

3 Likes

I’m breaking my one photo of the day rule, but since I was explaining about the demise of my camera, I thought you guys might like to see it in real time

5 Likes

This was the last photo my camera I owned for 8 years ever shot, heh

7 Likes

Can we have a list of countries where you have been?

These pics are outstanding.

1 Like

It’s kinda long, 70-75 countries maybe?!

1 Like

Here’s on from Indonesia, around Mt. Bromo on the island of Java. That little crater seemed to be erupting constantly and I guess that was pretty normal. Me and my travel buddy were technically not supposed to be able to walk around down here, off limits to tourists, but we did anyway and eventually the tourist police came and got us. They weren’t very pleased. But the landscape is pretty surreal and this photo turned out pretty badass imo.

14 Likes

Magic Hands. This was in Guatemala at the Chichicastenango market, which is a huge famous crafts market. Some sections are covered/tarped up, but you get some nice streams of light coming in that can make for some cool photos, which happened nicely here as this girl was making some fresh tortillas.

9 Likes

Wandering around at night in Chengdu, China. This pipe and tobacco salesman clearly likes to show off lol.

14 Likes

I love the variety of pictures. Never know what I am going to see when I open this thread. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

These pics are insane!

I’ve always been interested in photography and even have an Udemy course that I bought but never got around to watching. I’m assuming you can’t come close to shots like these w/a point and shoot or cell phone camera. What’s the minimum you’d have to spend to get some decent equipment?