Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

I’ll present mine this July.

I’ll be in Turkey for around two weeks. Some will be Istanbul but I’m also a fan of history. I’d like to see the supposed Troy, Gallipoli battlefields, and Ephesus. Not sure how worth it they are but the latter two especially seem interesting.

1 Like

Loved seeing Ephesus when we were in Turkey.

I think he just connected via IST, no?

If you do this part of the drive avoid heading straight south from Denver on I-25 and instead take the more scenic route through Frisco/Breckenridge, buena vista, Taos, and then Santa Fe and Albuquerque. It’s a much nicer scenic drive and you can hit plenty of quaint small towns.

1 Like

Yeah agreed. I did that last year - awesome drive.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, sorry, forgot that when listing where I’ve been. Been there and to Sedona.

Yeah been there, loved it, would probably revisit but I’ll wait until I can go back with my gf hopefully. She can’t get leave from work for this trip.

1 Like

God help me I just booked a flight on Spirit. It has one of the only non-stops from LA to KC and the only one remotely at the time I want. I bought all the add-ons to try to get me to human level service, and even booked one of the wide seats they have in front. And it was still pretty cheap - $308 total for one way (I’m booking for a month from now, not getting the best prices).

But the rinky dink Spirit website just wouldn’t work on my Chrome for some reason. After I booked the ticket using Firefox, I went to book the return leg on Delta on Chrome. Then after some time I realized Spirit never sent me an email. I came back to FIrefox and my session had expired and wiped the page clean. Awesome! I have no idea what my confirmation # is.

Also when did Southwest become so damn expensive? Their nonstop was $625 with non-cattle-call seating or w/e. I was like ok maybe I’ll do that. But no, that was $625 for each leg. $1250 is more than Delta business class. For freaking Southwest. Who pays that?

You didn’t make a Free Spirit account? Maybe it will show up if you make one using the same email.

Southwest has totally dropped the ball during the pandemic imo. Their schedule has been cut to the bone in many markets, they’re usually not the cheapest, and on top of it all they’re awful. I never fly them anymore.

Haven’t flown anything but delta in years. I would rather walk to Florida than use spirit air.

2 Likes

I’ve flown Delta like once in the last 10 yrs. It wasn’t memorable, but now I feel like I’m missing out.

Ahh yah, looks like I probably misread.

I live in a main Delta hub and it’s my airline of choice, don’t have many complaints about it.

I bought our tickets to Italy on Delta operated by ITA, which is what replaced Alitalia. So it’s a codeshare. The fare I paid said it included seat selection, something I consider important flying to Italy with my family. But then it turns out that the fare would include seat selection in that class on Delta, but ITA’s rules are different and it doesn’t. Delta says “sorry, can’t help you, talk to ITA” and ITA says “those shitheads at Delta need to stop telling people this fare includes seat selection, it doesn’t”. My only option is to complain loudly enough to Delta to get them to cancel the tickets, but it’s the only direct flight so I don’t want to do that. Long story short (too late), I’m not thrilled with Delta.

Although now reading my post it’s not that much of a complaint. I’d probably have bought these tickets anyway, just wouldn’t have had to chase my tail for several hours attempting to get somebody to assign us seats when that’s not an option available to me.

No, that’s what’s good about them.

1 Like

Yeah I have Delta as my main airline (BOS) and happy I can fly almost anywhere with no layover, given that Boston isn’t exactly the biggest city or in a position for a hub. And their experience has been very consistent with 0 problems over my 10+ flights, most 6hr+

Not allowing customers to select seats has to be one of the biggest travel anxiety inducing inventions of the last decade or so of the quest to turn air travel into torture. Like what the hell. The prospect of being split up from your family/travel companions on a flight is just crazymaking. Just like raise the fare if you need the extra $.

lol i know, the science shows it is more profitable this way silly goose get squeezed fish

My main airline is Frontier. I think I’ll get status this year for free carry-on and seat selection.

Thank fuck I only fly a few round trips per year.

I chose a sleeper train from Prague to Kosice over RyanAir and don’t regret it in the slightest.