Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

2 Likes

how long do you plan on being in town for?

Go to a baseball game.

2 Likes

A week in Tampa and maybe 10 days in Jacksonville. I have been to Tampa before but didn’t spend much time outside the poker room. Council Oaks was pretty damn good though

1 Like

I don’t spend much time in Jax, but those are the Tampa places I’d head out to.

if you have other stuff you’re interested in let me know and I will probably have a suggestion for a place.

Thanks those sound like some good spots! Are there any good outdoor areas you’d recommend for kayaking or stand up paddle board? I’d have to rent though.

fort Desoto or rainbow river.

if you feel like making a drive silver springs by Ocala is beautiful.

Ooh nice, silver springs and rainbow river both look pristine. Sounds like a good stopover on the way up to Jacksonville

1 Like

JAX isn’t as bad as you might fear.

Try to get an Airbnb in Riverside/Five Points and you’ll feel like it’s approaching an actual cool neighborhood in a good city. Kickbacks is worth checking out just for the immaculate Steam Punk interior.

Springfield is a neighborhood that would be cool in a better city. Instead it’s sorta run down (haven’t been since the pandemic tho), which actually makes me like it more.

There is nothing downtown, and I mean that almost literally.

Thanks for the recs! How are the beaches? I was also looking at some Airbnbs near the coast

Tampa at least has Cigar City Brewing and the Dali museum across the way in St. Petersburg.

3 Likes

That part. And Cleveland.

Might check out a Reds/Guardians game week after next.

The only reason I would ever go there again: family.

1 Like

Rejected city tourism slogans:

Why Wilmington? Come See for Yourself!

Stockton - Less Meth than Tracy and Modesto

Council Bluffs - Never a Dull Moment

Passaic - Your Jughandle and Grime Needs Will Be Met

Rochester - Don’t Listen to Anyone Who Grew Up Here. It’s Really Not That Bad.

Tampa has has the best strip clubs in the world. Or so I hear.

1 Like

Rochester is actually good to visit spring to fall. Finger Lakes wineries + Letchworth is worth it. Living here during the winter months is the bad part…

1 Like

Jazz Fest is the best time, imo.

1 Like

I’ve never met anyone from Rochester to had anything good to say about Rochester. They say it’s a small city with big city crime and terrible weather.

Sample size: 3 :crazy_face:

1 Like

These things are all true, though crime doesn’t really affect people outside the inner city like most cities. Rochester is good to live in if you like cheap housing, amazing schools and can tolerate 4-5 months of weather misery. Pretty standard upstate NY stuff. Buffalo and Syracuse have very similar profiles.